carb balancing

The place to come to share your technical expertise, or just find out what the little springy thing is that's just pinged out of sight under the work-bench.
rocket robbo
Considerably Faster than Yeow!

carb balancing

Post by rocket robbo »

Want to balance my carbs on me 89r,need to find some where to buy some inserts to screw into my inlet stubs so i can attach my vac gauge...want to leave them in so its not a hassle everytime,where can i find some?? ,ive tried locally but all i can get in the ones with the plastic lock jobbies that you push the tube into..needing to push the tube over and when finished push over a rubber cover....

current rides
1989 fzr1000 exup
1989 fzr1000 exup single sided fighter
Stig
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Stig »

Morgan carbtune used to do the kits. The brass adapters can be got off eBay reasonably cheaply though
AKA Bald headed b'stard
rocket robbo

Post by rocket robbo »

Stig wrote:Morgan carbtune used to do the kits. The brass adapters can be got off eBay reasonably cheaply though

have got some that came with the gauge but the thread size is m5,im needing m6 short things similar to bleed nipples so i can leave them in situ and just put a rubber cover over when ive done
current rides
1989 fzr1000 exup
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

I have heard somebody on here used these. I seem to remember them saying you had to use a seal at the end where it meets up to the carb inlet and also loctite them in.

TRY THESE ROBBO

Click on the size you want (6mm) on the drop down box.
Bit of advice. Buy a good bed and a good pair of shoes, because if you aren't in one you'll be in the other.
rocket robbo

Post by rocket robbo »

nuggitt wrote:I have heard somebody on here used these. I seem to remember them saying you had to use a seal at the end where it meets up to the carb inlet and also loctite them in.

TRY THESE ROBBO

Click on the size you want (6mm) on the drop down box.
nice one nuggit
never thought of that,got a drawer full of em at home in workshop too :lol: :lol:
current rides
1989 fzr1000 exup
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

Well would you believe it. :lol: when I said seal I meant o ring. :nod:
Bit of advice. Buy a good bed and a good pair of shoes, because if you aren't in one you'll be in the other.
rocket robbo

Post by rocket robbo »

used some of my spare welding tips as nuggit suggested,balanced carbs the blocked them off with rubber caps ...job done :D :D :D .also easier should i need to do them again...knowledge of some folk never ceases to amaze...never would of even thought of that....these tips were staring me in the face too lol: :lol:
current rides
1989 fzr1000 exup
YAMAEXUP
Commentary Team
Commentary Team

Post by YAMAEXUP »

The size I had for a Honda were too small for my Yams so I made my own ones from some ally Allen bolts & just drilled out the centre. Worked perfectly until I bout the Morgan Carbtune kit
Bikes-they're in the blood.

www.blood.co.uk