Rear brake sticking on

The place to come to share your technical expertise, or just find out what the little springy thing is that's just pinged out of sight under the work-bench.
Stig
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Stig »

Are you using oem or aftermarket seals? Have you thoroughly cleaned out the grooves prior to installing the new seals.
If grooves are clean and oem seals used then I'd be tempted to suspect the m/c not letting the fluid return
For compatible mcs check out the part number on boats.net and then see what other models use the same..... It'll show you on the site
AKA Bald headed b'stard
johnfromcalne
Brolly Dolly
Brolly Dolly

Post by johnfromcalne »

Hi Stig,
Thanks for reply. Aftermarket from a 100% feedback company from the North so I'm confident the seals were good before I cooked them again. Callipers are in bits again so will check grooves again. Found website , many thanks very useful. Noticed on diagram that it shows shims ( now obsolete) behind pads. These are not fitted on mine? Could this be an issue?
JB
Stig
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Stig »

Shims are usually anti rattle/squeal plates. Bit of copper slip on back of pad will make good substitute

I've also tried non oem seals from reputable source only to find puddle of fluid on bac wheel rim after winter lay up
AKA Bald headed b'stard
YAMAEXUP
Commentary Team
Commentary Team

Post by YAMAEXUP »

Check also that the foot pedal is not seized on its pivot

What pads are being used ? (Not EBC? :eek: )
Bikes-they're in the blood.

www.blood.co.uk
johnfromcalne
Brolly Dolly
Brolly Dolly

Post by johnfromcalne »

Bought some cheap pads until issue sorted, then will look for recommended pads. Looked inside master cylinder today and only see the one hole. I believe there should be a small hole, 0.5mm, that acts as a return/breather to the reservoir. Will keep you all posted. Cheers JB
johnfromcalne
Brolly Dolly
Brolly Dolly

Post by johnfromcalne »

Brakes done now, all good.
1 advisory on Mot, rear tyre. Using for 23 mile ride to work. All going good. 250 miles in just over a week.
Does anyone suffer with small misfire from 1 cylinder on choke? No issues when warmed up? Carbs balanced, plugs changed.
All the best
JB
YAMAEXUP
Commentary Team
Commentary Team

Post by YAMAEXUP »

Check that the plug caps are sound & that the internal resistors are not contaminated. I had a misfire when hot so I removed the resistors & cut some brazing rod to the right length. This was all very good until the plastic plug caps cracked & the high voltage started to arc out to the cylinder head. You could only see it with the air box off, the engine running & in the dark. never suspected the plug caps themselves. I just happened to have some from a GSXR750L in a box of spares, so tried them & it cured the problem
Bikes-they're in the blood.

www.blood.co.uk
Stig
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Stig »

Check the plug drain holes in the side of the head aren't blocked causing it to hold water
AKA Bald headed b'stard