A ride out today

Arrange to meet up to chew the fat, or enjoy a bimble through the twisties.
nuggitt

A ride out today

Post by nuggitt »

Seeing as all my riding parteners are getting their hair and nails done. I decided to hit the road.

I set off this morning from Driffield at 9.30am and was heading for York, Knaresborough, Harrogate, A59 to Skipton. Stopped off for lunch at Blubberhouses at 11am. Carried on to Skipton, Gargrave, Helifield, Settle, Langcliffe, Studfold, Horton in Ribblesdale, Selside then on to Ribblehead Viaduct. Then set off to Far Gearstones. (nice name that) Then on to Hawes. I stopped at Hawes to give my arse a rest and a bit of lunch too. From Hawes I headed off to Hardraw, High Shaw, Thwaite, Keld, West Stonedale, Tan Hill. Had more refreshments at Tan Hill. This biking is all eat and drinking. :lol: From Tan Hill I set off to Whaw, Reeth, Grinton, Leyburn, Middleham, East Witton, Masham, Nosterfield, Ainderby Quernhow, Thirsk. I had to stop in Thirsk for fuel and a toilet visit. I was bursting at this point. :lol: Set off from Thirsk to Sutton under Whitestone Cliff, Hambleton, Hovingham, Malton, North Grimston, Wetwang then home to Driffield. I arrived back home at 6.15pm. Bit of a long day in the saddle.

Here's a few photos for you. Can't put them all up you'll get bored. :D

Last edited by nuggitt on Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Bit of advice. Buy a good bed and a good pair of shoes, because if you aren't in one you'll be in the other.
robertcains
Spanner Monkey
Spanner Monkey

Post by robertcains »

Superb fella, you live in a fantastic part of the country for sure, I've been up there on my bike but not the Exup sadly.
Nick
rdgravy
Factory Rider
Factory Rider

Post by rdgravy »

Pheweeeee! That's a good tour done in a day. You're not doing bad fer an oldie.... :D
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

rdgravy wrote:Pheweeeee! That's a good tour done in a day. You're not doing bad fer an oldie.... :D
Try telling my arse that. :lol: :lol:
Bit of advice. Buy a good bed and a good pair of shoes, because if you aren't in one you'll be in the other.
willandrip
Test Rider
Test Rider

Post by willandrip »

Good pics nuggitt; well done on the mileage.
Endeavour to persevere.
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

robertcains wrote:Superb fella, you live in a fantastic part of the country for sure, I've been up there on my bike but not the Exup sadly.
Thanks Nick. And yes it's Yorkshire at its best. :nod:
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

willandrip wrote:Good pics nuggitt; well done on the mileage.
Thanks for that. I can go all day on the exup. Comfiest bike I've ever owned :nod: