VOTE PLEASE - COMPETITION ENTRY NOT ELECTION!!!

Start a discussion about anything you like here. Newbies please note, it's your round!
BONLY1
Test Rider
Test Rider

VOTE PLEASE - COMPETITION ENTRY NOT ELECTION!!!

Post by BONLY1 »

Hoping I can ask for your vote on a competition I've entered.
http://www.expressinsurance.co.uk/bikers-guide/scotland
Travelling to Ardnamurchan lighthouse (My entry MAX POINT WEST) several years ago was so memorable, I just had to include it for the competition with Express Insurance.
I won the 'regional' Scotland part reaching the last 7 finalists.
They're all good routes and I especially recommend mine to all, but hoping you enjoy what I put together for my entry and place a vote accordingly?
This is more important than the election, 'cos the winner gets free bike insurance for a year. I've already put my order in for a Kawasaki H2 !! :lol:
IF IT AIN'T BROKE - FIX IT 'TILL IT IS.
yzfpaul
Commentary Team
Commentary Team

Post by yzfpaul »

you have my vote!!!!

going from my house up past loch lomond to the green wellie was one of my favorite runs also the road through argyl forest down to dunoon is another
or the devils pass up to callender and on and on its just biker heaven when the weathers right :nod:
oldskoolexup
Motormouth
Motormouth
Location: THE place...some are born here, some drawn here...Manchester

Post by oldskoolexup »

My vote too :)
Life begins at the end of your comfort zone,
Learn from the mistakes of others.............................
You can't live long enough to make them all yourself
&
Carpe Diem - seize the moment. Don't dream... Do!
itsnotagenesis
More Rabbit Than Sainsbury's

Post by itsnotagenesis »

I have travelled this road years ago on my 600R and a borrowed CBR1000F.
We were camping next to the Tioram Castle on Loch Moidart.
As far as I can remember there is a petrol station in Strontian which you would pass if you went the other way using the ferry.
BONLY1
Test Rider
Test Rider

Post by BONLY1 »

Thanks for your votes so far, comp ends 17th May, hope some more members will come along soon :)
Never actually passed Strontian myself toward the ferry though I did give that ferry route as an alternative way of returning.
Kilchoan has a fuel station too apparently that I didn't know about, but it was off the route I took, having to divert into the village and with no signs highlighted, I was none the wiser at the time - learn something new everyday!
BONLY1
Test Rider
Test Rider

itsnotagenesis

Post by BONLY1 »

Forgot to ask, 'specially since you've done the route. What's your own idea of the run, worthy of input? How's it compare to the others in the competition then?
itsnotagenesis

Post by itsnotagenesis »

In my opinion the roads can be a bit hairy with the dodgy gravelly surfaces but the scenery is second to none, you are literally in the middle of nowhere.
Really anywhere north of Glasgow the roads are great and the further north you head away from towns the quieter and better the roads get.
I am quite lucky where a day trip can see us reaching Mallaig and home again as well as nearer places like Fort William, Glencoe, Oban, Tyndrum, Inveraray, Callander, the list goes on
itsnotagenesis

Post by itsnotagenesis »

Oh, I forgot to say as well, I cant compare any of the other routes as I havnt been to any of them.
For the last 26 years all my riding has been in Scotland with only one weekend trip on the bike to Warwickshire for an R1 meet a few years ago.
And a trip to Kent Custom Bike Show around 1991. Both of these were just motorway jaunts though.