HELLO NEW TO SITE AND MY NEW EXUP 1990 1000 HELP NEEDED

The place to come to share your technical expertise, or just find out what the little springy thing is that's just pinged out of sight under the work-bench.
exuphaggis
Brolly Dolly
Brolly Dolly

HELLO NEW TO SITE AND MY NEW EXUP 1990 1000 HELP NEEDED

Post by exuphaggis »

Hi new to site hello to all.
I just bought a Exup it hasent done 900 miles in the last 7 years . its running really badly . took it 100 miles at low raves 40 mph runs rubbish backfires don't take throttle . after 45 it runs fine in higher raves . Exup valve is OK .bike needs a service new oils filters etc but I think my carbs are off balance not sure. Plus my front brakes want to kill me makes a noise with nothing them a little more pressure then it trys to take you out the seat . I don't know nothing about working on bikes. Is there anyone that has a Exup need Alness Inverness that can look at bike . she's got 19000 miles on clock . gsxr tail unit
Stig
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Stig »

welcome to the site

The carbs will need a clean out if its been stood for that amount of time. If I lay my bike up over winter it has the same symptoms of not being able to rev out from low down. A few serious blips of the throttle clears mine out and it eventually ticks over and runs fine

Not sure about the brakes issue. If they've been upgraded to blue or gold spots from the R1 they'll certainly have enough bite to throw you over the bars

Sorry cant help practically as Im in Notts area
AKA Bald headed b'stard
exuphaggis
Brolly Dolly
Brolly Dolly

Post by exuphaggis »

Thanks for the welcome. No its standard calipers press them in a bit nothing then a little bit more and its nuts . will change all oils etc in service. Yes I think best to clean carbs out get them balanced see what happens .
Fatdog
Test Rider
Test Rider

Post by Fatdog »

Sounds like your brakes are sticking (the pistons aren't moving freely).
Strip them down and give them a good clean and refit new seals in them.
It's worth doing the master cylinder at the same time.
Hope that helps! :)
1993 YZF750R
EXUP - Knee Down
exuphaggis
Brolly Dolly
Brolly Dolly

Post by exuphaggis »

Thanks my mate will get bike in this week so he can look at everything get her fixed up summers round the corner