First ride out this year.

Start a discussion about anything you like here. Newbies please note, it's your round!
nuggitt

First ride out this year.

Post by nuggitt »

Met up with Karl (undeadhairy) at the Seaways cafe for a cuppa tea which I had to buy myself as per usual. :\ Had an hour having a chin wag, then Karl left for home to count his money.

I had a ride through to Scarborough for dinner. On Scarborough sea front there were more sand on the road than on the beach :eek: On the way back home it was very windy up on the tops. It was nice to get out and blow the cobwebs away. Had to wash the bike when I got back home though. It had the white salt powder all over it. Could do with a load of rain to wash it all off the roads and down the drains.

Roll on the nice weather. :nod:
Bit of advice. Buy a good bed and a good pair of shoes, because if you aren't in one you'll be in the other.
undeadhairy
Test Rider
Test Rider

Post by undeadhairy »

Mike aka road runner has taught me well :nod: :nod: Was a good morning out but quite windy on the way back :(
iancav6
Ear-Plug Cleaner
Ear-Plug Cleaner

Post by iancav6 »

Used my Exup for work yesterday for the 1st time this year,felt great to be back out on it.Had to repair a snapped exup cable bracket over the winter,3 seized and snapped bolts later,drilled them out and replaced with stainless studs.It ran beautifully on the 20 miles to work,best its ran for ages.Not bad for 71000miles.
By contrast,went out today on my RGV250,140kgs with no torque below 8000rpm.
Here they both are enjoying the spring sunshine.

roadrunner
Factory Rider
Factory Rider

Post by roadrunner »

I've been out on my FZ! several times over these winter months and it's been ok as long as I'd wrapped up well and had the heated gloves plugged in. But I got caught out the other day when I met up with nuggitt and joined him on his second ride out this year. The weather looked really good with a bright sunny sky, so I left off my thermal long sleeved T shirt and left the heated gloves at home. Big mistake!! It was absolutely freezing cold and I didn't enjoy the ride at all. My previous ride out was on the Saturday and that too was a nice sunny day, so good was the weather that I wore my summer leathers and gloves and that proved to be a good choice, as the weather was just perfect! It just goes to show how easily we can get sucked in after having one nice day. I'll keep wearing my winter gear I think, until we get a few more warmer days.......

Oh, by the way, Is it me, or has anyone else noticed the amount of salt still on the roads? I'm sick of washing the bike every time I go out on it. We've not had a bad winter in this neck of the woods, and yet the roads are still white with the damn stuff. We've had plenty of rain and it's still there!!!
It just seems to me that is a lot worse this year than in previous years.
With age comes wisdom.......and senility!!! Who are you again?
EXUPNutter
Brolly Dolly
Brolly Dolly

Post by EXUPNutter »

iancav6 wrote: By contrast,went out today on my RGV250,140kgs with no torque below 8000rpm.
Nice to see another stroker.

Here's mine. :D

If you dont like the way I ride stop trying too keep up!!