Fenda Extenda

Start a discussion about anything you like here. Newbies please note, it's your round!
rdgravy
Factory Rider
Factory Rider

Fenda Extenda

Post by rdgravy »

I've just put one of these on my Diversion and think they're great for keeping the muck off my down below parts. Has anyone used one and are they available? or will I just look a nob and get laughed at? :nod:
willandrip
Test Rider
Test Rider

Post by willandrip »

The Fzr 1000 fairing V piece is solid apart from two small "windows" and hence the rad and pipes are well protected.
All my 400's and the 600 have them fitted and they are mandatory on ZXR's if you value radiators.

Do use the self tappers (s/s are better) and do not rely on the double sided tape as a sole means of fixing.
Endeavour to persevere.
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

If you're thinking of fitting a fender extender to your exup. I really wouldn't bother Dave. It would spoil the look of the bike. IMO anyway.

As for feeling a nob and being laughed. I'd thought you'd be used to that by now. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :p
Bit of advice. Buy a good bed and a good pair of shoes, because if you aren't in one you'll be in the other.
rdgravy
Factory Rider
Factory Rider

Post by rdgravy »

I'm more than used to it now. I think I fit in quite well. :D You're right it would spoil the look and I only really use it in dry weather. Just a thought really. :p
roadrunner
Factory Rider
Factory Rider

Post by roadrunner »

Hi Dave, just my two penny worth. The exup front mudguard is quite long at the back and the fairing panels give good weather protection. The oil cooler and radiator are mounted quite high up so don't tend to be be splattered by crud and stones etc. So I would leave the bike as it is. I don't think I've seen one fitted to an exup, ever. I've had my exup for 25 years now and never even thought of fitting one. Just no need. However, if you own a more modern bike, then a fenda extenda is a must, due to the shortness of front mudguards nowadays. Some are quite ridiculous in my opinion, directing everything straight into oil coolers and radiators. I've fitted one to my FZ1N only to keep the muck off the front of the engine, because the 'guard is a little short, though not short enough to compromised the radiator etc.

Incidentally, I don't rely on the tape the manufacturers supply with these extenders, nor do I drill the mudguard and bolt them on. I use good old silicone sealer on mine and they never come off :cool:
With age comes wisdom.......and senility!!! Who are you again?
rdgravy
Factory Rider
Factory Rider

Post by rdgravy »

Thanks for the advice. I'll wait and see. Went out today just to see if it was ok after it being laid up for a while. The roads were really shitty and it covered the V piece. It just annoys me that I have to clean it off all the time. Never mind. I don't tend to use it in shitty weather so I'll wait and see how it gets on over the summer. :)
willandrip
Test Rider
Test Rider

Post by willandrip »

Make cling film "tear offs" for the V piece .
Endeavour to persevere.