spring cleaning time

Post your pictures here: your bikes, meets you've attended, modifications you've made, x-rays you've had taken...
Stig
Site Admin
Site Admin

spring cleaning time

Post by Stig »

Now I can actually get in the garage and have a small amount of free time, I thought its about time I got on with a few of my projects.

So its been a productive week :thumbsup: :D

Tonight I made a start cleaning up the bike ready for its once a year outing :blush: . I'd put it away at the end of last year after the October Lincoln run and not even cleaned off the splatter

I started by cleaning up the exhaust :cool: (yes Nuggitt it IS your fault)

BEFORE

AFTER (still needs finishing off)

AKA Bald headed b'stard
rdgravy
Factory Rider
Factory Rider

Post by rdgravy »

Cor Blimey! What did you use on that? :)
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

Whoa! Steady on there stiggy lad. :eek: :eek: I'm starting to feel guilty now because I haven't even looked under the bike cover to see if mines still there or not. :( For all I know there could be a pile of beer crates in place of it. :lol: :lol: :lol: Better get myself busy now you've made a start. :nod: :nod:
Bit of advice. Buy a good bed and a good pair of shoes, because if you aren't in one you'll be in the other.
Fatdog
Test Rider
Test Rider

Post by Fatdog »

rdgravy wrote:Cor Blimey! What did you use on that? :)
Come on Paul, what's your secret?

Must get round to cleaning mine as well. Can't be long now until the roads dry out can it?
1993 YZF750R
EXUP - Knee Down
Stig
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Stig »

no secret folks....

I firstly tried astonish (a stainless cleaner from asda) It took the surface colouring off but left some stained patches. I then rubbed them out with 600 wet and dry and then used a sisal mop with cutting grase to bring up the dull shine...thats as far as i've got

I'll next use polishing compound on a stitched mop and finish with s soft mop and fine compound to bring up the lustre
AKA Bald headed b'stard