Crash Bungs

Start a discussion about anything you like here. Newbies please note, it's your round!
scotty
Ear-Plug Cleaner
Ear-Plug Cleaner

Crash Bungs

Post by scotty »

Guys,

Wee question, what make and where do you get you crash protectors from. Ive contacted R&G Racing and they say they do not make a fitment for the fzr1000....fair do's...but on ebay ive found this..link below.....sounds OK but not sure if this is a cheap copy!!!!!!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/161412991133? ... EBIDX%3AIT

Anyone shed some light on this please.....

Scotty
Stig
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Stig »

The ones in the link are fastened to the main frame spars and are designed to take some abuse in the event of the bike going down. The downside is that the fairing panels have to be cut in order to access their fixing points

I personally have the cheap plastic mushroom type that are sold on ebay for around a tenner. Theyre secured via one of the fairings 6mm bolts. In the event of a down they'd be useless but are hopefully OK to protect things if the bikes rolls over off the stand etc. The plus side is the panels dont have to be cut to accommodate them
AKA Bald headed b'stard
scotty
Ear-Plug Cleaner
Ear-Plug Cleaner

Post by scotty »

Ive thought about the cheaper option but replacing the high tensile bolts with de-embrittled hight tensile ones...what do you think....
scotty
Ear-Plug Cleaner
Ear-Plug Cleaner

Post by scotty »

Wee sit-rep.....

contacted R&G and told my tale....R&G confirmed they do actually supply Dirt Devils with the crash bungs, but R&G don't have any left. The guy found it weird that they supply these but don't list the part on their website as an FZR 1000 fitment. Think they are going to update their website.....

anyway going to get them from Dirt Devils, and cut the fairings to get them to fit..... will post a wee photo when all is done...cheers..
bigun
Scooter Boy
Scooter Boy

Post by bigun »

ive got rg crash bungs on mine its a 1990 though
fzted
Gift of the Gab
Gift of the Gab

Post by fzted »

Try Rizoma quality but not sure if they will fit?
Ride it like ya stole it