saturday ride out

Start a discussion about anything you like here. Newbies please note, it's your round!
rexeriot
Brolly Dolly
Brolly Dolly

saturday ride out

Post by rexeriot »

For those of you who don't venture out when it's only 3 degrees I'd thought I'd let you know I had a 110 mile round trip from Salisbury to Swanage yesterday. It was cold but worth it for the pics I got of the bike by the sea with an amazing blue sky above. Anyone out there who lives in the south coast let me know. Let's go for a blast.
I always stick to the speed limits. Its just that the ones in our area they seem to have missed all the " 0's " off the end.
undeadhairy
Test Rider
Test Rider

Post by undeadhairy »

Well I can honestly say I was out also but only for a hour as the roads were far to slippery :( :( Plus now nugget has the joys of cleaning her for me don't you John :nod: :nod: :D
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

undeadhairy wrote:Well I can honestly say I was out also but only for a hour as the roads were far to slippery :( :( Plus now nugget has the joys of cleaning her for me don't you John :nod: :nod: :D
You couldn't afford my cleaning rates. :p :p

Mike was out the other day on his FZ1. He went to Scarborough and it was 1 degree. To cold for my old bones. :nod:
Bit of advice. Buy a good bed and a good pair of shoes, because if you aren't in one you'll be in the other.
rdgravy
Factory Rider
Factory Rider

Post by rdgravy »

I wouldn't dare take the Fzr out in this weather. Not just the salt etc but it is a little twitchy in the damp. I've been out on my dirt bike today and always out on the Diversion. Mind you it does take me hours to put 12 layers of clothing on. :D
roadrunner
Factory Rider
Factory Rider

Post by roadrunner »

I was out on Friday on the FZ1 with a a mate and covered almost 100 miles. The temperature was 2 degrees when we set off, dropped to 1 degree and then "warmed up" to 3 degrees after we arrived in Scarborough. It was cold, wet and slippery but it was good to get out for a while :nod:
With age comes wisdom.......and senility!!! Who are you again?
fzted
Gift of the Gab
Gift of the Gab

Post by fzted »

mmm brave!!
Ride it like ya stole it
undeadhairy
Test Rider
Test Rider

Post by undeadhairy »

Well I can honestly say I was out also but only for a hour as the roads were far to slippery :( :( Plus now nugget has the joys of cleaning her for me don't you John :nod: :nod: :D
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

I'm not deaf Karl. :p
Bit of advice. Buy a good bed and a good pair of shoes, because if you aren't in one you'll be in the other.
undeadhairy
Test Rider
Test Rider

Post by undeadhairy »

No just forgetful John :D :p :p