Fuel range

Start a discussion about anything you like here. Newbies please note, it's your round!
Foxeye
Brolly Dolly
Brolly Dolly

Fuel range

Post by Foxeye »

Hi - quick answer please as I'm leaving to pick it up at 5:30pm!! It's a 300 mile journey home so - will I make it on 2 brimmed tanks please? Dual c'way and motorway all the way, 70 to 80-ish I would have thought. Thanks
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

If I were you. I wouldn't risk it. The most I took mine to was 134 miles but the reserve hadn't come on so I could've pushed it a bit more. If I remember correctly rdgravy once did 150 miles on a tank full bit I can't remember if that was including the reserve too. If you want to get home without pushing it I'd give the gararge another visit. They are bloody heavy buggers to push up hill. :nod:
Bit of advice. Buy a good bed and a good pair of shoes, because if you aren't in one you'll be in the other.
markg
Ear-Plug Cleaner
Ear-Plug Cleaner

Post by markg »

Agree with the above, I usually hit the reserve switch at around 130 miles. Done about 140 miles and not run out but on an unknown bike you don't know if the carbs are worn and it may leave you stranded.
Foxeye
Brolly Dolly
Brolly Dolly

Post by Foxeye »

Thanks guys
rdgravy
Factory Rider
Factory Rider

Post by rdgravy »

I did too. 160 miles I got to a tank once. Normally it's around 130 for mine. Not sure if I have some sort of suction problem when I get on to reserves these days so I always try and fill up just before 130. When I get on to reserves it seems to take ages and ages for it to come through, until I open the fuel cap filler. Maybe that helps some air in to push the reserves through. Not been too drastic yet so I haven't really investigated further. :)
rdgravy
Factory Rider
Factory Rider

Post by rdgravy »

sorry, 160 miles before I got to reserve. Looks like I'm too late posting anyway and you'll be on your way already Foxeye. Safe trip.