oil light came on today

Start a discussion about anything you like here. Newbies please note, it's your round!
rexeriot
Brolly Dolly
Brolly Dolly

oil light came on today

Post by rexeriot »

Hi all. Was out on a quick run today on my 89 exup even though it was only 3 degrees outside. Bit chilly. My oil light came on about 30 mins into the run. Was slowing down slightly on a bend when it appeared. It was only on for about 5 seconds and then went off and never came on again. Bike ran as normal. Sounded good when I got back and no new leaks. Could it be the sensor or connection or is there something about to go wrong? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
I always stick to the speed limits. Its just that the ones in our area they seem to have missed all the " 0's " off the end.
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

Nothing to worry about. :nod:

Its not a pressure oil warning light, only a level warning light so just top it up and you'll be fine.

I usually put my bike on the side stand and fill it up till the oil level reaches the top of the glass. :thumbsup:
Bit of advice. Buy a good bed and a good pair of shoes, because if you aren't in one you'll be in the other.
robertcains
Spanner Monkey
Spanner Monkey

Post by robertcains »

Wouldn't that be overfilled? The level should be in the window when upright, they can be a little thirsty when ragged I've noticed
Nick
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

No there's plenty of room for it. I've been doing it like that on my bike for years with no trouble at all. :nod:
Bit of advice. Buy a good bed and a good pair of shoes, because if you aren't in one you'll be in the other.
rdgravy
Factory Rider
Factory Rider

Post by rdgravy »

Mine burns oil too if I give it the beans full time. Maybe around the five or six hundred mile mark I have to top it up. I did hear something about mineral oil not burning nearly as much as synthetic or semi synthetic. I've yet to try this out tho as I've had trouble trying to find good mineral oil. I did meet a chap who always keeps a small fruit shoot bottle full of oil under his seat, it helps to top it up if ever you're too far away from topping it up. Does that make sense? I'm full of gobbledeegook. :nod:
fzted
Gift of the Gab
Gift of the Gab

Post by fzted »

All decent engines should use a little oil :nod:
Ride it like ya stole it