exup float height

The place to come to share your technical expertise, or just find out what the little springy thing is that's just pinged out of sight under the work-bench.
faststeve
Technician
Technician

exup float height

Post by faststeve »

After completely rebuilding my cards, and setting the floats to 14 mm I noticed that although it ran better than ever it did feel like it could be a bit crisper off tick over and low throttle cruise about 40 _ 50 mph so I popped the carbs off and swapped it to 15 mm, now sharper on all low throttle and better off idle, plugs are spot on and runs smoother on cruise, can sit at 2000 in top gear in traffic and pull away smoothly with no hesitation, 14 mm seems standard but iv found 15 noticeably better,
iv only had bikes for 40 years , what do i know ???????
YAMAEXUP
Commentary Team
Commentary Team

Post by YAMAEXUP »

Cheers for this. I set my carbs at 14mm, if only because i'm running twin K&N filters & it needs to be slightly richer at low revs to go with the DJ kit
Bikes-they're in the blood.

www.blood.co.uk
faststeve
Technician
Technician

Post by faststeve »

Yes your probably better running the 14 mm, lovely induction roar from the k and n no doubt, great fun setting them up I'll bet!!
iv only had bikes for 40 years , what do i know ???????
YAMAEXUP
Commentary Team
Commentary Team

Post by YAMAEXUP »

I had a stage 1 DJ kit fitted with a K&N standard replacement air filter in the standard/modified air box, so the majority of the job was done when I fitted the two double pods

There is quite an induction roar, but I don't really get to hear it due to the wind noise over the top of the screen :nod:
Bikes-they're in the blood.

www.blood.co.uk