Another cracking ride out.

Arrange to meet up to chew the fat, or enjoy a bimble through the twisties.
nuggitt

Another cracking ride out.

Post by nuggitt »

When I looked out of my window this morning it was blue skies. I thought to myself I'll get a pass out from the missus and take myself off up into the Yorkshire Dales. It was 10.15am when I eventually set off. The blue sky had turned to grey. I got near Knaresborough and there were a few spots of rain hitting the visor. I was nearly tempted to turn back for home but I carried on a bit further. There was a few blue breaks in the clouds in the distance which kept me going. I'm glad I didn't turn back, because the day got better and better as it went on. Once again it's been a cracking ride out on some amazing roads and the scenery in Gods own county says it all.

The route I took was from Driffield, through the centre of York. Did a bit of posing there (like you do) Knaresborough on the A59, Ripley B6165, Bedlam, Burnt Yates, Summer Bridge, Glasshouses, Pately Bridge, Greenhow Hill, B6265 Hebden, Grassington. Called to see my wifes cousin and had tea and a slice of cake. After a quick pit stop I was off again heading to Threshfield, B6160 Kilnsey, Kettlewell, Starbotton, Buckden, Kidstones, West Burton. Then on to the A684 to Wensley and Leyburn. From Leyburn to Middleham on the A6108. On to East Witton, Jervaulx, Masham, Low Burton. Then I took the B6267 to Thirsk. Had a toilet break here. Far to much tea intake I'm afraid. :lol: On to Malton then back home to Driffield. 169 lovely miles in total. :D

Here's some of the views I've been looking at and going through all day. :nod: I could've taken lots more photos but I was in the zone.

Bit of advice. Buy a good bed and a good pair of shoes, because if you aren't in one you'll be in the other.