yzf750 clutch conversion

The place to come to share your technical expertise, or just find out what the little springy thing is that's just pinged out of sight under the work-bench.
dangerousdave
Lap Record Holder
Lap Record Holder

yzf750 clutch conversion

Post by dangerousdave »

So the turbo makes the clutch slip it's knackers off and as I've had a basket let go on me before I thought I'd do the yzf clutch conversion so here are a few pics,

Above are the two baskets fzr1000 on left yzf750 on the right, seems the only difference between the two baskets are the strengthening band around the fins on the yzf ( reason for the swap) and the gear difference .
Below is the yzf with top of rivets drilled off

Top plate removed to expose the springs

Gear removed .

Band around basket

Yzf basket and fzr gears, taking it to work tomorrow to turn some pins down and weld back together

The Dangerous One
Stig
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Stig »

Dave, When I did mine we made pins with a step in the top and then made thick washers to fit the step. These were then tigged whilst the sections were held together with cramps...the overall length of the pins finishing the same height as the originals

Do the factory pro clutch mod while its in bits too to help get more oil to the rear of the basket....makes the clutch smoother and less graggy under load during quick take offs :thumbsup:

http://www.exup1000.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=12907
AKA Bald headed b'stard
dangerousdave
Lap Record Holder
Lap Record Holder

Post by dangerousdave »

Nice one , I'll see what I can do :) I haven't got a Miller but I'm sure I can rig something up.
The Dangerous One
dangerousdave
Lap Record Holder
Lap Record Holder

Post by dangerousdave »

Done the mod cheers for the pics, 👍
The Dangerous One