time to revive my old exup!

Start a discussion about anything you like here. Newbies please note, it's your round!
marlon
Brolly Dolly
Brolly Dolly

time to revive my old exup!

Post by marlon »

I owned this bike between 2007 and 2010 and had 3yrs of hassle free riding.I would service it regularly and that I feel kept her going faithfully! Sold it the end of 2010 and the new owners son started abusing it! They only managed to keep it on the road for about 7mnths when I heard the bike was standing with a problem. Its been standing ever since! I bought the bike back 4weeks ago and when I started it up,heard what sounded like a bearing knock. The engine has now been removed and stripped.
I have since found that all 3 of the timingchain guides are worn badly nd the started clutch chains guide has completely broken off its mounting brackets which I suspect was the cause of the knocking sound. My crank is good and bearings all still look to be in good condition. I was amazed to see how good all the rest of the internals still look,the hone marks are still visible in the barrel! Oh and they've destroyed the fuelpump and servo motor yet the exup valve is not sticky and still moves smooth and freely.
Will have to start looking for those parts as I'm hoping to get her back on the road intime for our summer season!
Turbo's are for guys who can't build engines! Lol
marlon
Brolly Dolly
Brolly Dolly

some pics of work done to date

Post by marlon »

Casings have at this stage just been cleaned out and put together for the sake of the pic
marlon
Brolly Dolly
Brolly Dolly

Post by marlon »

So where did my pic disappear to? :D
Stig
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Stig »

theres a post in the announcements section of how to post images :thumbsup: