Rectifier?

The place to come to share your technical expertise, or just find out what the little springy thing is that's just pinged out of sight under the work-bench.
Rockmonster
Technician
Technician

Rectifier?

Post by Rockmonster »

I have a 1990 1000R. Bike has been in bits in the garage for years. I'm not sure if I've lost the rectifier as the loom has some spare connectors! What does the rectifier look like? And where should it be sited? Some nice pics of some 'gut-shots' would be nice! Ta!
willandrip
Test Rider
Test Rider

Post by willandrip »

The R/R on a FZR 1000 is internal to the alternator.
I doubt very much you have lost it ! (the rectifier anyhow) :lol:
Endeavour to persevere.
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

Call me psychic if you like, But I'm getting the word "resistor". Are you refering to this resistor? Which I think is something to do with the fuel pump?

See the schematic and it's marked up as #26

http://www.cmsnl.com/yamaha-fzr1000a-19 ... ml#results
Bit of advice. Buy a good bed and a good pair of shoes, because if you aren't in one you'll be in the other.
Rockmonster
Technician
Technician

Post by Rockmonster »

Ah! Thanks guys. So I haven't lost any bits-although I have 'lost it!' Trying to sort out the loom!!?#!?
I have the resistor so it looks like I have everything on the bike. I have a brown and a yellow/black rings spare! Do these go to the white/orange of the rear brake switch? Sorry for all the questions and thanks for all the help guys-I spent 10 hours on the wiring and a couple of other bits -it's starting to do my head in!
Stig
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Stig »

once the loom is spread across the bike and the main connectors attached its fairly easy to see where the other odds and sods go. There are however a few spares on the loom that dont apply to UK models

If you post up pics of the spares we'll be able to confirm what they are or whether they're supposed to be attached to something :thumbsup:
AKA Bald headed b'stard
Rockmonster
Technician
Technician

Post by Rockmonster »

Thanks Stig will put up some pics when I get home on Sunday.
Rockmonster
Technician
Technician

Post by Rockmonster »

Hi again Stig! First of allThis doesn't seem to connect to anything it's behind the exup servo.
Rockmonster
Technician
Technician

Post by Rockmonster »

And I have these three little buggers left over!Image
Rockmonster
Technician
Technician

Post by Rockmonster »

And you can see it's a little untidy in there! Image
Rockmonster
Technician
Technician

Post by Rockmonster »

I recon the yellow and brown go to the rear brake switch? But don't know where the red/white one and the little society thing goes?!?!?
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

Like you say the brown and yellow wire go to the rear brake switch. The one with the block on is a spare. (I think)

I've had a look on a wiring diagram and there is a red and white wire going to the reserve switch. (I think) :nod:
Bit of advice. Buy a good bed and a good pair of shoes, because if you aren't in one you'll be in the other.
Rockmonster
Technician
Technician

Post by Rockmonster »

Good at least I know where the yellow and brown go! There is a block connector already going to the reserve switch- it is as you say a red/white and another red and something I believe ( not stood infront of it at the mo!)
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

You've got me going now so I've had a look at some old photos of my wiring and I've been to the bike and taken the side panel off. I've got a red and white that is also a spare. See photo.

Rockmonster
Technician
Technician

Post by Rockmonster »

Ha ha thanks very much Nuggitt. New battery is on charge non rusty fuel tank hopefully turning up tomorrow or Wednesday so I'll be firing her up- the first time for many years! Fingers crossed!
yzfpaul
Commentary Team
Commentary Team

Post by yzfpaul »

i'm 1/2 sure that red & white wire is spare in the loom left over from the (non exup) 1988 fzr genesis you know what yam's are like for re using bits :rolleyes: