Old bloke on old bike round Silverstone

Post your pictures here: your bikes, meets you've attended, modifications you've made, x-rays you've had taken...
oldgreybeard
Ear-Plug Cleaner
Ear-Plug Cleaner

Old bloke on old bike round Silverstone

Post by oldgreybeard »

Pictures courtesy of picman.co.uk

Not sure how long it will take for the grin to fade!

The old girl did well, and was probably the oldeest bike there on Tuesday's 'All star Suzuki track day'. It was our first track day, and I had fitted an improvised baffle to the Scorpion exhaust that definately took the edge off the top end performance. Nevertheless it was a truly amazing experience, and a cracking Christmas present from the family. Not quite sure what they will do to me next - after making me swim with sharks, throw myself out of aircraft etc - I am sure they are really trying to get rid of me!
--------------------------------------------------
If I got rid of that lawnmower ... There would be enough space for another EXUP
--------------------------------------------------
Stig
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Stig »

I lost my track day virginity at Cadwell on a TRX850. That too was a birthday present from my wife. Myself and 9 other mates mate a great day out of it. I even bought a rough set of panels with the intention of doing some more days but on the EXUP...shame it never happened :retard:
AKA Bald headed b'stard
rdgravy
Factory Rider
Factory Rider

Post by rdgravy »

Nice pics those Mr Greybeard. If you fancy having a go Stig let me know. I've been meaning to do a track day in ages.
Realitybites
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Realitybites »

Nice, most envious. :nod:
Brit living in the U.S

"You can lead a horse to water, but you're not bringin' that dog in 'er mate"
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

Lovely pictures oldgreybeard. :thumbsup:

Like stig I too lost my track day virginity at Cadwell in the late 80's on a honda VFR400. It was a fantastic day out. Still smiling to myself as I'm typing this. :) :) :)

Hey Dave make sure you don't go on your best exup. :crybaby: I'd take the beast if I were you. :D You'll be overtaking the marshall's on that monster. :lol: :lol:
Bit of advice. Buy a good bed and a good pair of shoes, because if you aren't in one you'll be in the other.
rdgravy
Factory Rider
Factory Rider

Post by rdgravy »

I've got the one I wanted to use as spares in mind really. It all works ok and wouldn't matter too much if I took a little tumble on it. :eek: