Another exup at Seaways

Arrange to meet up to chew the fat, or enjoy a bimble through the twisties.
nuggitt

Another exup at Seaways

Post by nuggitt »

With the weather being a lot fresher today. I decided to have a little ride out. I called through a place called Pocklington and I took a scenic route up towards Fridaythorpe to go to the Seaways cafe. :nod: On route it was all up hill and up ahead I noticed what looked like mud on the road, :eek: never thought anymore about till I got closer and it was big long lines of black engine oil in the middle of the road. :eek: :eek: :eek: When I say long lines, I'm talking sections of 50 yards long and a yard wide. I deduced it had come from a farm vehicle of some sort, because at the end of the trail it disappeared into a field where they were getting harvesting the crops. :mad: As soon as it rains, the road will become a death trap, especially for bikes coming down the hill. When I got home I phoned the police and told them what I'd seen and the girl (Sue) in the control office said I'll get someone up there straight away and see what needs doing.

On a good note. When I got to the Seaways cafe. I noticed in the car park a nice tidy looking FZR1000. :nod: I had a look around it and I noticed this youngman looking at me. I bet he thought I was going to nick it. :lol: :lol: He came over and we got chatting and I offered him a exup1000 forum card. He said I'm already a member, so I said so who are you then? He replied theundertoker. (Karl) He was telling me he's just bought some headers off our man stig. We had a bit of a natter, then he and his friends were leaving to go for a ride to Bridlington. Karl is from Redcar in Cleveland in the North East.

It was very nice to meet you Karl and you'll have the bike looking nice in no time matey. One thing at a time like we said. :thumbsup: I kicked myself after for not taking a photo but never mind. :crybaby:

If you pop down this way again Karl put a post up on the forum and we could meet you at Scarborough or Whitby. :nod:
Last edited by nuggitt on Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bit of advice. Buy a good bed and a good pair of shoes, because if you aren't in one you'll be in the other.
undeadhairy
Test Rider
Test Rider

Post by undeadhairy »

Theres a yellow ru exup (very good condition as well) goes there John. He was there this morning but I didnt have phone to take a pic or anything :(

And on a sad note one of my ignition coils is dying. Im not sure which so iv ordered 2 off fleabay to replace them both :nod: :nod:
theundertoker
Brolly Dolly
Brolly Dolly

Post by theundertoker »

Hi Nuggitt,

It was great to put a face to a name, and your absolutely right i was a little worried at first but over the moon when i found out who you were and were you were from.

Two of us had ridden down from Redcar to squires and met up with our 3rd man, then on to Fridaythorpe and a quick cuppa at Seaways ( im glad we stopped there now too :) we picked up two more bikes for the next leg ) then on to Brid for chips where we all split off and headed home, I took the coastal route from Brid to Scarbrough then on up through Whitby and back to Redcar so a full day.........

I did a bit of grovelling and took the far superior and better half for a pint too :)

Anyways, i rattle on far too much, im off to Belgium on the Exup next Month so i think i have time for one more rideout then its wheels of, tyre change, rebalance the carbs and a jolly good fettling session before the run to europe, with a bit of Luck it will be to Whitby so Nuggitt can educate me on tea served in fine china!
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

Glad you got my PM Karl. :D

Let me know when you're thinking of coming down to Whitby and I'll try and get a posse up of our East Yorkshire Chapter members.Image Will it be a Saturday or a day through the week?

Until then Adios amigo. :thumbsup:
Bit of advice. Buy a good bed and a good pair of shoes, because if you aren't in one you'll be in the other.
theundertoker
Brolly Dolly
Brolly Dolly

Post by theundertoker »

:nod:

I've checked with the Diary and Saturday the 16th of Aug is looking good. That gives me ten days to get everything fettled for Europe.

I cant do most weekdays due to work commitments (Darned things :angry: )

Let me know if the date is ok and i reckon we are on for a winner.

Take care Nugg
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

theundertoker wrote::nod:

I've checked with the Diary and Saturday the 16th of Aug is looking good. That gives me ten days to get everything fettled for Europe.

I cant do most weekdays due to work commitments (Darned things :angry: )

Let me know if the date is ok and i reckon we are on for a winner.

Take care Nugg
That date sounds good to me Karl. :thumbsup: I'll try and round a few of us up if I can. All we need now is good weather. Image

I've been out and about today. Malton, Helmsley, Stokesley, Guisborough, Stopped at Birk brow hill for refreshments. Carried on to Sandsend, Whitby, Scarborough, Seaways cafe then home. Had a good run out. Had a few drops of rain coming out of Scarborough but nothing much.

Until then keep the shiny side up. :nod: