Exup servo has mind of its own.

The place to come to share your technical expertise, or just find out what the little springy thing is that's just pinged out of sight under the work-bench.
rdgravy
Factory Rider
Factory Rider

Exup servo has mind of its own.

Post by rdgravy »

Would anybody know what might cause this. Sometimes the servo operates of its own accord whether the engine is running or not. I only noticed because the valve itself has a little squeak to it. The servo just turns itself back and forth opening and closing the valve whenever it feels like it. It doesn't do it all the time and the bike itself seems to run fine regardless, I just wondered whether it's going to burn out the servo at some point soon. Thanks. :paranoid:
Stig
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Stig »

being as you have more parts from other bikes, i'd try swapping bits over starting with the ECU then the servo
AKA Bald headed b'stard
rdgravy
Factory Rider
Factory Rider

Post by rdgravy »

thanks Stig, I will do. Just wondered if anyone had ever come across it before. Thanks. :)
faststeve
Technician
Technician

Post by faststeve »

Had the same prob on my yzf 750, fault code and exup going on and off at will, turned out to be the connector giving intermittent contact and sending it haywire, everything looked good and continuity shown on all wires as spec, so it was a a puzzle, it was only when I found I could operate the servo by tapping the connector I realised it was a poor connection, just change the entire connecter and all good, always worth double checking even what seems ok where electrics are concerned,
iv only had bikes for 40 years , what do i know ???????
rdgravy
Factory Rider
Factory Rider

Post by rdgravy »

thanks, I'll try and have a look next time it's out. :)