Hagon, maxton or nitron rear shock

The place to come to share your technical expertise, or just find out what the little springy thing is that's just pinged out of sight under the work-bench.
Rockmonster
Technician
Technician

Hagon, maxton or nitron rear shock

Post by Rockmonster »

Anyone tried or got a hagon or nitron or maxton rear shock in their exup. Been told the original can't be rebuilt coz of the age of the shock and the un availability of new parts for them. Can anyone shed some light on this one?
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

Well you've been told wrong. I had my 22 year old shock serviced by Brooks suspension in Bradford. I had a new rod fitted and new seals. It's like a brand new shock now.
Bit of advice. Buy a good bed and a good pair of shoes, because if you aren't in one you'll be in the other.
Fatdog
Test Rider
Test Rider

Post by Fatdog »

When my original stock shock spewed it's guts all over my garage floor, I replaced it with a Hagon unit.
I fell into that trap by going off what was said in the Haynes manual, that the original Yamaha shock could not be rebuilt and so should look for a replacement item.
That said, I have no complaints with the Hagon unit and they can be fully rebuilt.
Maxton units are top quality, so either one is a good buy.
1993 YZF750R
EXUP - Knee Down
robertcains
Spanner Monkey
Spanner Monkey

Post by robertcains »

I've just ordered a Nitron on advice from my Mechy, the spring is a horrible baby blue colour but that will get sorted before it goes on the bike, I've upgraded the fork oil to 15w too which has helped.
Nick