Running on 3

The place to come to share your technical expertise, or just find out what the little springy thing is that's just pinged out of sight under the work-bench.
furnster
Brolly Dolly
Brolly Dolly

Running on 3

Post by furnster »

Evening hope someone may have had this same problem as I had on the way home tonight, first of all the bike bike would not rev past 9000rpm in top gear then a few miles later it felt like it was running on 3 and wouldn't rev ,like it was going on to reserve so I flicked the reserve switch on to reserve and back to on and it ran fine again.
I've a Yzf 750 with the 1000 ru motor fitted but it's running the 750 airbox which think needs changing for the 3 gm airbox.

Thanks in advance

Dave.
furnster
Brolly Dolly
Brolly Dolly

Post by furnster »

UPDATE: when riding home this evening the bike cut out 3 times like when you go on reserve again flick it onto reserve and back to on and everything is Normal again for a few miles then the same thing happens again is something like the fuel pump on its way out or a relay any advice please.

Dave.
Stig
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Stig »

sounds like fuel starvation

when it cuts out you could do with quickly opening the gas cap to see if theres a serious vacuum. Check the vent hoses. Failing that it may be the pump on its way out or a poor connection that supplies it
AKA Bald headed b'stard
furnster
Brolly Dolly
Brolly Dolly

Post by furnster »

Thanks for the reply Stig I was thinking of running it round on reserve to see if that stops the problem as I've said when the switch is on and it cuts you flick it to reserve and your away again even with half a tank of fuel!!!

I bet a new pumps not cheap.