Quick question

Start a discussion about anything you like here. Newbies please note, it's your round!
Yoda
More Rabbit Than Sainsbury's

Quick question

Post by Yoda »

I have an itch and it really wants scratching. Its located on my knee cap. I tell ya its getting bad. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously and this one's a wee bit of a thinker.

Ok I have changed jobs again :rolleyes: (well it has been a few years) and find myself looking at the future and what I can buy to fill the hole left in my garage.

Seeing as riding wil be full on with some mates, and more sensible with others, rather than try and buy a bike for both, do I have two? :unibrow:

Or do I squirrel away my money until I can buy my "heart not my head bike" and purchase something that will go up in value. Early mint R1's are looking a good buy, but that RD500 or RG500 would provide some kleenex moments too opening the garage door. If I am gonna spend big it would be something like a classic, not a new bike.

I no longer have the gixer bug, although the 750 is a brilliant buy. I must admit to looking at crossplane R1's, but the handling is not as tasty as earlier models.

Knowing me this will become an impulse buy. :nod: :D
Archangel
Brolly Dolly
Brolly Dolly

Post by Archangel »

Early R1 is a good call. What about an early Blade? They seem to be a good investment as well.
Current Bike: '87 FZR 1000.The bike I wanted as a teenager, when I'd ragged the tits off various RD's...
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

Could you fancy an exup Yoda? 11,000 miles, mint condition and full service history.

The only downside to it. It's a drab grey in colour. :puke:

Is your knee itching a little less now? :lol:
Bit of advice. Buy a good bed and a good pair of shoes, because if you aren't in one you'll be in the other.
Yoda

Post by Yoda »

nuggitt wrote:Could you fancy an exup Yoda? 11,000 miles, mint condition and full service history.

The only downside to it. It's a drab grey in colour. :puke:

Is your knee itching a little less now? :lol:
:lol: :lol: What u like. Been there done that, the Exup that is. :D
Yoda

Post by Yoda »

Archangel wrote:Early R1 is a good call. What about an early Blade? They seem to be a good investment as well.
Prefer the SP2. Found one yesterday but its a wee bit too soon.
57 plate R1 looked at today. Colours were bang on but my mate already has one in the same colours. :paranoid:
Stig
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Stig »

I know where theres a very tidy 98 blue R1 that the owner may be persuaded to sell for the right money. Its got ohlins rear and damper, undertray and tail tidy

really does look well :nod:
AKA Bald headed b'stard
Yoda

Post by Yoda »

I have a contender, just taking a bit of scheming at moment. One day soon........

There will be an increase in ride outs :nod: :nod:
fzted
Gift of the Gab
Gift of the Gab

Post by fzted »

The FZ1N is a good option comfy and has the R1 engine so plenty quick enough especially if you throw a decent rear shocker on it!!
Ride it like ya stole it
Yoda

Post by Yoda »

fzted wrote:The FZ1N is a good option comfy and has the R1 engine so plenty quick enough especially if you throw a decent rear shocker on it!!
Hi Ted Steve at K2 once lent me a FZ1. To be fair it was a very easy bike to go fast on with the slightly detuned motor. Comfortable too. I have a bike sorted off a friend, but currently am working seven days a week to clear a back log at work. Once I get some breathing space I will try and get back into the fold with some ride outs. I wanna have a bit of a play first before trundling out with you lot, to say I am rusty is an under statement . Or I am getting old :rolleyes: :lol: :lol: :lol: :crybaby:
fzted
Gift of the Gab
Gift of the Gab

Post by fzted »

Were all getting old mate! but ye when ya ready and we get some decent weather we can have a breeze out if summat' gets organized.
Ride it like ya stole it
Teego

Post by Teego »

fzted wrote:Were all getting old mate! but ye when ya ready and we get some decent weather we can have a breeze out if summat' gets organized.
Shall I bring the support truck?
Keep on keepin' on.
fzted
Gift of the Gab
Gift of the Gab

Post by fzted »

Eh cheeky balls :unibrow: hope your well mate!
Ride it like ya stole it
fzted
Gift of the Gab
Gift of the Gab

Post by fzted »

That's not good mate hope ya get it sorted soon, was up Matlock Sunday last week it was heaving weather was good. let me know when ya bike sorted and we will have to meet up?
Ride it like ya stole it