Start a discussion about anything you like here. Newbies please note, it's your round!
Brad16v
Brolly Dolly
Brolly Dolly

Post by Brad16v »

Hi all, suppose I'd better get the drinks in!

Being averagely mechanically minded bought my old Skool FZR to tinker with in the garage when her in drawers is giving me a hard time as it's the bike I've always needed to own.
I bought said FZR with a ZX12 rear shock conversion but this still appears to be soft and wallowy, I bought a jack up kit and wound the spring out but it still sits low and flat, any ideas on how I can upset the geometry a bit apart from the 15stone old bloke sat on her!
Also after a single seat conversion (hump) anyone want to part with one I have the purple and black model, will try and get a couple of pics up of the work in progress.
It's been a bit tricky getting parts as it seems it was the last of the EXUP model before the fox eye version came out registered 1994 on the log book.

Cheers!!
Stig
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Stig »

:welcome: to the madhouse. Sounds like you have the RU model which is the easier to find the single cowls for...and they're ALOT cheaper than those for the R model.

Not too sure about the shock conversion but I know theres a few folk around here already done the same project. Have a look for Dan in the workshop section as he did it for sure
AKA Bald headed b'stard
Brad16v
Brolly Dolly
Brolly Dolly

Post by Brad16v »

Many thanks, I'll get used to navigating through the site as well as my sons IPAD!

Would like to get the FZR on the road for summer, it's stripped down, plastics not in bad order, but needs a tune and suspect a clutch, if I keep chucking my FZ8 down the road I'll need it sooner rather than later! :D
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

Welcome in Brad. :thumbsup:

I've had a look through the workshop section for Dan's post but I can't locate it for you. :crybaby:
Bit of advice. Buy a good bed and a good pair of shoes, because if you aren't in one you'll be in the other.
Stig
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Stig »

I believe that post may have expired due to old age

this link is about as close as I can find

http://www.exup1000.co.uk/phpBB2/viewto ... light=zx12
AKA Bald headed b'stard
Fatdog
Test Rider
Test Rider

Post by Fatdog »

Welcome in!
Sounds like you have a fair bit of work ahead of you.
Best of luck :)
1993 YZF750R
EXUP - Knee Down
Brad16v
Brolly Dolly
Brolly Dolly

Post by Brad16v »

Many thanks for the responses, I found a set of dog bones that are 5mm shorter so gonna give that a go and tinker with the preload settings, just noticed juice on one of the front fork legs wasn't there before, cross one off the list another appears :crybaby:
Summer blast is fading.....