Roadrunner & nuggitt take a bow!

Start a discussion about anything you like here. Newbies please note, it's your round!
Stig
Site Admin
Site Admin

Roadrunner & nuggitt take a bow!

Post by Stig »

Thanks to the efforts of Mike & John my ride is finally sorted. Having struggled to make it run right at the bottom end since laying the bike up over winter, these two folks travelled from the other side of the planet (compared to the distance i usually drive...their journey could be compared to something like lord of the rings).

They spared their own spare time (a precious compodity) and provided knowledge and other trains of thought to be able to get the bike sorted and demanded nothing in return ( mind you all my spare bodywork in the loft seems to have disappered and mikes FZ1 looked decidedly different to when they arrived :retard: )

Having checked out the plugs and coils, swapped different parts about it was then decided that its gotta be the carbs (again) :crybaby: :crybaby:

Hence after much dismantling (and searching for seriously small bits that got dropped...its an age thing) and yet again another strip and clean, everything checked and double checked, things were put back together

I now have a bike that doesnt pop and fart on the over-run, idles correctly, no lag from the throttle and pulls like a train from almost tickover in 5th gear without hesitation

Thanks guys you're both stars :clap: :clap:

Mike, you know where to send the bill....just make sure John gives you the right postcode :D :lol: :lol: :lol:
AKA Bald headed b'stard
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

You're very welcome boss. It's been a pleasure. :thumbsup:

I was wondering what that big cardboard box was on the back of Mikes bike. :lol: :lol:
Bit of advice. Buy a good bed and a good pair of shoes, because if you aren't in one you'll be in the other.
Stig
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Stig »

nuggitt wrote:I was wondering what that big cardboard box was on the back of Mikes bike. :lol: :lol:
silly boy, you should know thats his wallet :rolleyes: :D
AKA Bald headed b'stard
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

Stig wrote:
nuggitt wrote:I was wondering what that big cardboard box was on the back of Mikes bike. :lol: :lol:
silly boy, you should know thats his wallet :rolleyes: :D
I don't think so. He never brings it with him. :D
Bit of advice. Buy a good bed and a good pair of shoes, because if you aren't in one you'll be in the other.
Stig
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Stig »

wondered why he had a panic attack at the petrol station :paranoid:
AKA Bald headed b'stard
itsnotagenesis
More Rabbit Than Sainsbury's
More Rabbit Than Sainsbury's

Post by itsnotagenesis »

So do you know what it was or did it just sort itself after a strip and rebuild?
Stig
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Stig »

nothing obvious found. Float heights weren't changed. Only thing that was done was 3 turns on the air screws and to be major critical on the clean and reassembly
AKA Bald headed b'stard
roadrunner
Factory Rider
Factory Rider

Post by roadrunner »

Hi Paul, I'm so glad the bike is now running as it should again. I'm pretty sure that the problem was caused by some unseen dirt trapped in some hidden drilling within one or more of the carb bodies. I am sure that the blower attachment I brought with me cleared it out though as if you recall the blower end has a rubber tip which provides a perfect seal around most orifices on the carbs thus sending all the available air through the drillings and blasting out any blockages.

Regarding the missing body panels, I don't know what you mean :ninja: but I think we''ll come in a van the next time we visit :D
With age comes wisdom.......and senility!!! Who are you again?