Decals

Start a discussion about anything you like here. Newbies please note, it's your round!
Purity Vendetta
Scooter Boy
Scooter Boy

Decals

Post by Purity Vendetta »

Ok another decal question. My bike is pretty standard and original but for some reason I've managed to get a few dinks in the graphite stripe on the fairing lowers. I was wondering if anyone happened to know any companies who can laser cut these out for me?

I did look on flea bay but couldn't find the decals for my bike's colour scheme anyway :(

This is the one I have...

Omnes qui me videt, me verentur, et ante me supplicant
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

Stig does decals but I'm not sure if he can do that size you're
Wanting. He'll be a long in a bit. :nod:
Bit of advice. Buy a good bed and a good pair of shoes, because if you aren't in one you'll be in the other.
Stig
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Stig »

I have a cutter and could recreate the shape required but would need access to the original to see if its possible to match the vinyl colour with what colours I can get.

Most of the colours on other models were created by printing a colour using solvent based inks (which is something I cant do as I only have a plotter not plotter/printer)
AKA Bald headed b'stard
Stig
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Stig »

This ebay seller may be able to help as they do solvent based stuff. Mention the forum and they state they may do a discount. They should be able to do part kits too

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/130816425579
AKA Bald headed b'stard
Purity Vendetta
Scooter Boy
Scooter Boy

Post by Purity Vendetta »

Thanks guys, it's not an urgent thing so I'll look into it. I don't know where you're located Stig but if you're close enough I'd be happy to bring my bike over for you to measure the decals up if you wanted a bike as a pattern.

There are a few other aesthetic things I'd like to sort out too such as the frame where my boots have rubbed the paint and the inevitable stone chips you get over 30,000 miles. I want to keep her looking as standard as possible.

I'll post up some pics of the bits I need to look into once I'm happy I've got the mechanicals all sorted out. One annoying thing is the headlight lens has a spang mark caused by a piece of gravel hitting it... thanks Stoke City Council :mad:
Omnes qui me videt, me verentur, et ante me supplicant