exup valve or parts wanted?

Post your items for sale and items wanted here.
yampug
Ear-Plug Cleaner
Ear-Plug Cleaner

exup valve or parts wanted?

Post by yampug »

Looking to get the exup valve on my thunderace working again, bikes currently fitted with what i believe are fzr1000 downpipes.

current condition of exup valve -

any suggestions on getting it working for the least amount of cash welcomed. :)
valve does turn freely despite it looking like it's from the titanic.

cautious of drilling out the bolts just yet as i'm not sure what route i'm going to take.
jasegee
Considerably Faster than Yeow!
Location: West country bumkin teaching northerners how to ride !

YUP

Post by jasegee »

GET A DECENT DRILL :)
***** TIME TO RIDE TIME TO DIE FASTER FASTER I HEAR YOU CRY ***** life is all about choice
yampug
Ear-Plug Cleaner
Ear-Plug Cleaner

Post by yampug »

yep i think i might splash out on a posh bit, don't fancy a cheapo hss snapping off in the hole.
Stig
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Stig »

yampug wrote:yep i think i might splash out on a posh bit, don't fancy a cheapo hss snapping off in the hole.
remember to keep the speed down and use a cutting fluid to help stop the bit from overheating. If the bit does have the cheek to snap, you can usually break them out with a hard hole punch or twist them in reverse with long nose pliers if the bit size is large enough to allow
AKA Bald headed b'stard
yampug
Ear-Plug Cleaner
Ear-Plug Cleaner

Post by yampug »

must remember to pinch some cutting spray from work. :)
jasegee
Location: West country bumkin teaching northerners how to ride !

OK MY TIP

Post by jasegee »

FOR WHAT ITS WORTH , heat it cherry red and let it cool , the bolts will become brittle and should be eaiser to get out , last one i did i ground off the heads and witha center punch and decent HSS left handed drill bit drilled em out in reverse ...... yes it workd for me but all euxps are deffo not the same
***** TIME TO RIDE TIME TO DIE FASTER FASTER I HEAR YOU CRY ***** life is all about choice
mattblackone
Scooter Boy
Scooter Boy

Post by mattblackone »

As other people have said invest in a good drill bit, i used a 3 m/m then a 5.5 tungsten carbide drill bit and rocol cutting fluid to do mine. try and keep the drill nice and square to the valve and dont try and drill it too fast.
Tungsten carbide bits are more brittle than normal HSS bits so the key really is nice and easy, after drilling with the 5.5 i ran through with a 6m/m tap one turn forward the half a turn back and take the tap out every 3 turns in and clean it, again do it using a good cutting fluid
Best of luck mate

Bill