wanted Exup Valve or is there a way to bypass servo?

Post your items for sale and items wanted here.
stevael
Brolly Dolly
Brolly Dolly

wanted Exup Valve or is there a way to bypass servo?

Post by stevael »

I'm after a complete exup valve to bolt straight onto my 91 RU I need everything ie valve/ pulley cable clip cover bolts gaskets washers. Or is there a way to bypass the servo? Or is there another cdi unit I could use??
exupbloke
Chief Mechanic
Chief Mechanic

Post by exupbloke »

this might be of interest if you want to ditch the valve and servo, ebay item number 151286551905
Stig
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Stig »

If it helps the early r1 valve and associated bits fit (the valve end has to be shortened tho') also the 750 bits fit such as pulley wheel and cover plate. The 400 and 250's exernal bits fit but their valves are too short.

Dangerousdave makes the cable brackets and pulley wheels in stainless for a price if you're interested and want something that lasts

Fanally, try searching other european ebay sites. Sometimes you'll get bargain stuff off there :thumbsup:

If you go for not replacing the valve and retaining the OEM headers you'll have aa good flat spot that can be partly jetted out but not completely. Leave the servo plugged into the loom to stop electrical issues
AKA Bald headed b'stard
stevael
Brolly Dolly
Brolly Dolly

Post by stevael »

Yeah the previous owner had taken the valve out before me and left the servo plugged in but its started not revving over 4000 rpm but when your riding along when you flick the killsswitch off and on again it flies like a rocket until you drop the revs back under 4000 so then I have to do the same with the kill switch. This also does the same when you turn the key off and on. I've had 3 mechanics check everything of with no joys.. one was a Yamaha dealer mechanic
stevael
Brolly Dolly
Brolly Dolly

Post by stevael »

If I brought an r1 valve how much does it need to be shortened by and where would I shorten it ie cut it piece out the center and get it rewelded.
Stig
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Stig »

not sure on specific amounts but I can supply measurements from mine. Its the end shaft that needs to be shortened
AKA Bald headed b'stard
stevael
Brolly Dolly
Brolly Dolly

Post by stevael »

Yeah that would be great if you can I'm guessing it would only be a few mm
Stig
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Stig »

I have a few valves. The longest far side shaft being 22.67mm from the flat of the valve to the end of the shaft, The shorter ones being 18,26mm

If you take 4.5mm off it'll be OK as the spring behind the near side pulley wheel takes up the slack
AKA Bald headed b'stard
stevael
Brolly Dolly
Brolly Dolly

Post by stevael »

Still no joys after fitting the valve in which is really annoying!!! Can't I just bypass the bloody thing??? Or put another cdi unit.. As it happens the servo sounds very crunchy and won't turn by its self... And I ain't buying another one for it not to be fix any other ideas before I Burn it to hell...