My Ace and a bag of nails in my clutch.

The place to come to share your technical expertise, or just find out what the little springy thing is that's just pinged out of sight under the work-bench.
wonkiwheel
Scooter Boy
Scooter Boy

My Ace and a bag of nails in my clutch.

Post by wonkiwheel »

Sounds like ive got a bag of nails rattling around down there, i know they are a tad noisy but this seems to be overly so. The clutch works fine no slippage etc, could these be a basket/bearing issue perhaps, i havent had much experience with clutchness issues.
Also my blue spots are KAK! They stop me ok but i can almost pull the lever to the bar, they have been bled and bled with no air coming through, just a master cyclinder overhaul or something more sinister?? Cheers.
wonkiwheel
Scooter Boy
Scooter Boy

Post by wonkiwheel »

Oh my days can this be true, ive just started to overhaul the master cylinder and from the schematics ive seen against the way the old kits been installed, its totally the wrong way round!!!! If this is right no wonder they were KAKA!!!!
:lol:
wonkiwheel
Scooter Boy
Scooter Boy

Post by wonkiwheel »

Can anyone tell me how the arrowed rubber seal go on the plunger, does it go over the lip or justs fit flush to it then the circlip directly behind it??? It doesnt seem to want to bleed, ive pumped like mad before opening the nipples to bring air up , some bubbles have risen but still will not bleed.

wonkiwheel
Scooter Boy
Scooter Boy

Post by wonkiwheel »

This is how the kit came out of the cylinder......

Stig
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Stig »

I personally havent stripped the front MC of the ace/blue spots

I've found another image that may confirm things for you

AKA Bald headed b'stard
wonkiwheel
Scooter Boy
Scooter Boy

Post by wonkiwheel »

Cheers i think its back to the garage, ive pushed the rubber over the lip, it seemed appropriate but on second thought i may be restricting the flow of fluid from the resevoir. Ah well live and learn!
Stig
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Stig »

Just because you're struggling to bleed the system, dont assume its a fault with the MC...they're a PIA to bleed at the best of times

Either crack the top banjo to bleed the master first or try back bleeding with a syringe from the caliper nipple :thumbsup:
AKA Bald headed b'stard
Tiger
Brolly Dolly
Brolly Dolly

Post by Tiger »

The link pipe between caliper sides on the Thunderace blue spot calipers is an airlock / high point in the hydraulics which can be a PITA if trying to bleed normally.
Pump/stop/bleed/pump/stop etc allows entrained air time to do the buoyant thing and rise back up into the link between cycles.
I started with a dry [empty] system after overhaul and could not get the buggers to bleed up until I attached a "sump sucker"type oil evacuation pump to a caliper bleed nipple.
Draws air and aerated fluid straight through without cycling, therefore not allowing air to percolate out of aerated fluid to collect at high spots like the link pipes.
My sump sucker is large but a small one would work just as well if you have an assistant pump it occasionally to maintain partial vacuum at the bleed nipple.
You will use fluid to waste but good quality fluid is cheap and drawing more through will flush old fluid from the system.
wonkiwheel
Scooter Boy
Scooter Boy

Post by wonkiwheel »

Thanks, my link pipe has been bypassed by aftermarket ones, i took the mc apart again and i had put the rubber seal in the wrong way Durrrrrrrrrr!!!! It was still a sucker to bleed but after about 30mins hard pumping (ooh i say) i started to feel pressure to my relief. its all fine and dandy now. Gona do a few more bleeds after rides to check for any leaks. Cheers guys.