Jobsworths

Start a discussion about anything you like here. Newbies please note, it's your round!
rob w
Test Rider
Test Rider

Jobsworths

Post by rob w »

Airport security took me cordless drill off me this morning, I thought if they say no I can collect it on the way back, but no it had to go in the bin!! more like someones bag and taken home!!

Can I put it lost property? "No"

Why not? "It's not lost property is it"

Bastards
Mk1 Yam R1, Mk1 EXUP, Duc 916, Blackbird, Kaw Z1, Kaw Z1a, Triumph 900 Daytona & 60's T120 Bonneville (cafe racer with a tuned T140 motor) Aprilia Pegaso, VFR750, Honda XL1000 Varadero
Yoda
More Rabbit Than Sainsbury's
More Rabbit Than Sainsbury's

Post by Yoda »

By airport security you mean "actual security"? Or just someone at a checking in desk? They cannot just confiscate your property, you have the right to return to your car (if you went in one) and leave it there.

Obviously its easy to be wise afterwards and say "you should have checked before hand", but confiscation can be a tricky one.

At a non alcohol event we can confiscate alcohol before entry and during said event. But that will be stated on the event "ticket, web site or rule board."

Were there any signs saying electrical items may be confiscated? If they can't let you fly with it, it should be made available if you could collect on your return to same airport.

It all depends how much you want to argue something. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Archangel
Brolly Dolly
Brolly Dolly

Post by Archangel »

I thought they were only allowed to confiscate illegal, counterfeit or smuggled goods?
Current Bike: '87 FZR 1000.The bike I wanted as a teenager, when I'd ragged the tits off various RD's...
roadrunner
Factory Rider
Factory Rider

Post by roadrunner »

A friend if mine had a small adjustable spanner and some small bolts (8mm) confiscated at the airport when on his way to his holiday home in Cyprus. They were in his hand luggage as he doesn't take suit cases as most of his stuff is already there. He had them with him to enable him to repair a broken sun lounger.

Would you believe they said they could be used as weapons :paranoid:
With age comes wisdom.......and senility!!! Who are you again?
Archangel
Brolly Dolly
Brolly Dolly

Post by Archangel »

I took a dog lead on a plane and they accused me of being a Terrierist..... :)
Current Bike: '87 FZR 1000.The bike I wanted as a teenager, when I'd ragged the tits off various RD's...
roadrunner
Factory Rider
Factory Rider

Post by roadrunner »

Archangel wrote:I took a dog lead on a plane and they accused me of being a Terrierist..... :)
Oh, that's terrierable :rolleyes:
With age comes wisdom.......and senility!!! Who are you again?
oldskoolexup
Motormouth
Motormouth
Location: THE place...some are born here, some drawn here...Manchester

Post by oldskoolexup »

roadrunner wrote:
Archangel wrote:I took a dog lead on a plane and they accused me of being a Terrierist..... :)
Oh, that's terrierable :rolleyes:
:crybaby: Barking mad, the pair of you :crybaby:
Life begins at the end of your comfort zone,
Learn from the mistakes of others.............................
You can't live long enough to make them all yourself
&
Carpe Diem - seize the moment. Don't dream... Do!