First ride out today

Start a discussion about anything you like here. Newbies please note, it's your round!
nuggitt

First ride out today

Post by nuggitt »

Woke up this morning to blue sky and warm sunshine. I went to the post office and got the bike taxed. :D By 12 noon I had the leathers on and was on my first ride of the year.

It was really a tester to see if anything might drop off it. :lol: I'd fitted new headrace bearings last month and today was a good day to test them out. I came back home after 15 minutes because they need a slight adjustment and once I got that done I was off again. I called at Seaways Cafe at Fridaythorpe for a brew and a chat I then had a ride around the Yorkshire Wolds for an hour. It was nice to get back on the bike.

If all goes to plan Roadrunner and myself may get out for a ride tomorrow. We were thinking of Scarborough but I've just watched the weather forecast on tv and it's going to be misty and cool on the East coast. Best go inland to Squires at Sherburn. :D

Will take the camera if we get off. Image
Bit of advice. Buy a good bed and a good pair of shoes, because if you aren't in one you'll be in the other.
Stig
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Stig »

:\ taxed mine yesterday for the year but sadly at work all day. Rest of week looks already booked up so I might get the chance to test things out at the weekend.

Plan on going to Normous Autojumble on Sunday at Newark but will be going in the car as i'm after a large tilt vice for the milling machine and lots of other bits... might try to get out after if the weathers OK and not too late when i get home
AKA Bald headed b'stard
undeadhairy
Test Rider
Test Rider

Post by undeadhairy »

If weather's decent saturday il be nipping upto seaways just for a quick ride out
Yoda
More Rabbit Than Sainsbury's
More Rabbit Than Sainsbury's

Post by Yoda »

Stig wrote::\ taxed mine yesterday for the year but sadly at work all day. Rest of week looks already booked up so I might get the chance to test things out at the weekend.
Thats a bit expensive for "to the end of the driveway and back". Hope you really do get out this year Paul. Do you realise its 8 years since the forum meets started? :eek: :unibrow: All of us sat in Matlock watching Stoner bin his Honda in the pub. :lol: :lol:
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

undeadhairy wrote:If weather's decent saturday il be nipping upto seaways just for a quick ride out
IF this East coast mist disappears? I'll be having a ride to Seaways on Sunday about 12 noon. :D I don't think I can make it Saturday. :crybaby:
Bit of advice. Buy a good bed and a good pair of shoes, because if you aren't in one you'll be in the other.
undeadhairy
Test Rider
Test Rider

Post by undeadhairy »

Sunday il be there for about half 10 if weather permits John
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

undeadhairy wrote:Sunday il be there for about half 10 if weather permits John
I've seen the weather forecast for Sunday and it looks like it's going to pee it down. Image Unfortunately I can't make it tomorrow and that's going to be the best day :crybaby:

Another time Karl. :nod:
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

Ayup Karl.

Just to confuse matters even more. :retard: I could be at Seaways between 12.30 and 1pm TODAY

I have a wife so you should understand my dilemma. :lol: :lol:
undeadhairy
Test Rider
Test Rider

Post by undeadhairy »

Its raining here John so I dont know if il be there yet :( :crybaby:
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

Well I've shuffled all my appointments around today. Even lied to my wife that I'm meeting my exup friends at Seaways. I've left my wife with some long time friends who invited us to go see them. I made my excuses and left for Seaways under much protest from our friends. I battled through snow, hailstones, winds and rain and when I got there not an exup to be seen. Here's a photo to prove I was there today.

Fair weather bikers indeed. See a bit of rain and they all turn tail. :lol: :lol: :p

rdgravy
Factory Rider
Factory Rider

Post by rdgravy »

have you got a new lid too Mr Nuggit? :)
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

rdgravy wrote:have you got a new lid too Mr Nuggit? :)
No it's still the same one with the dent in from some kind gentleman in Lincoln. Ahem!! :lol: :lol: :p
rdgravy
Factory Rider
Factory Rider

Post by rdgravy »

they are a little careless them Lincolnshire folk, bless em. :nod: Got all me bits and pieces done today so might get out on the Exup tomorrow. I don't hold out too much hope as the forecast isn't too good. You never know. :D