Brake Caliper Bolts?!

The place to come to share your technical expertise, or just find out what the little springy thing is that's just pinged out of sight under the work-bench.
jenks
Brolly Dolly
Brolly Dolly

Brake Caliper Bolts?!

Post by jenks »

Does anyone know where i can get them from? or the details so i can order some? i cant seem to find any!!!
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

Are you wanting the ones that hold the calipers to the forks? Or the actual bolts that hold the calipers together?

If it's the ones to hold to the forks. You can get some from Pro bolt but they're not cheap. :eek:
Bit of advice. Buy a good bed and a good pair of shoes, because if you aren't in one you'll be in the other.
Stig
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Stig »

nuggitt wrote:Are you wanting the ones that hold the calipers to the forks? Or the actual bolts that hold the calipers together?

If it's the ones to hold to the forks. You can get some from Pro bolt but they're not cheap. :eek:
IMHO, I wouldn't touch Probolt with a barge pole after the sprocket nuts I once purchased. They sheered the inserts before reaching their allocated torque figure

Try the ebay seller if you're going down the aftermarket route

http://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/alphadog125?_ ... 7675.l2559
AKA Bald headed b'stard
Stig
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Stig »

ah, theres the difference...the sprocket nuts were anodized alloy with steel inserts. I'd imagine the full stainless items will be OK :nod:
AKA Bald headed b'stard
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

Stig wrote:ah, theres the difference...the sprocket nuts were anodized alloy with steel inserts. I'd imagine the full stainless items will be OK :nod:
Thank heavens!! I can stop worrying now when I'm braking heavy. :lol: :lol:
Bit of advice. Buy a good bed and a good pair of shoes, because if you aren't in one you'll be in the other.
jenks
Brolly Dolly
Brolly Dolly

Post by jenks »

super. thanks. So the part on the originals where there isnt thread doesnt matter? I can use any basically?
jonnie
Brolly Dolly
Brolly Dolly

Post by jonnie »

Not sure I would be over keen on using stainless bolts on caliper mountings
don't think the tensile strength is very good on some stainless bolts
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

I've got stainless steel bolts holding on my brake calipers on to the forks. (Pro bolt) I've also got stainless steel bolts holding on all three discs. They've been there for well over 10 years now and I'm still living!! I've been in a lot situations where I've had to brake really heavy and there's no problem at all. I have full trust in them. :nod:
Stig
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Stig »

nuggitt wrote:I've got stainless steel bolts holding on my brake calipers on to the forks. (Pro bolt) I've also got stainless steel bolts holding on all three discs. They've been there for well over 10 years now and I'm still living!! I've been in a lot situations where I've had to brake really heavy and there's no problem at all. I have full trust in them. :nod:
+1
AKA Bald headed b'stard
anoldmanreturns
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by anoldmanreturns »

and I have raced round the IOM Mountain circuit with mine, no problems at all :ninja:
Support the Classic TT and Manx Grand Prix
Pitbull
Lap Record Holder
Lap Record Holder

Post by Pitbull »

I've got titanium bolts on my gsxr, and will be using them on the yzf front end when the project gets going properly,

cant fault them,
YAMAEXUP
Commentary Team
Commentary Team

Post by YAMAEXUP »

As above. I spent a bundle of money on buying titanium for all sorts of places on the bike...because I could afford it at the time.

Then I bought my R1...
Bikes-they're in the blood.

www.blood.co.uk