Mike Hailwood...........

Start a discussion about anything you like here. Newbies please note, it's your round!
roadrunner
Factory Rider
Factory Rider

Mike Hailwood...........

Post by roadrunner »

Just streamed BT 1's The Mike Hailwood Story on my PC. I've got to say what a fantastic documentary! What a great, sad, and moving film about a great man. Did anyone else see it, and if so, what did you think?
With age comes wisdom.......and senility!!! Who are you again?
roadrunner
Factory Rider
Factory Rider

Post by roadrunner »

Nuggitt has told me that this film is due to be repeated tonight on BT2 at 10.00. I would recommend it to anyone who grew up in the Hailwood era (me and nuggitt) and to those who didn't (that's pretty much everyone else :rolleyes:)

Please watch it if you can. For those who don't have BT Sport try to stream it as I did last night.

I used Google Chrome and typed in Cricfree TV. I then selected BT from the menu which brought up Wiziwig on a black screen. I selected BT1 on the left hand side of that screen, which got me the Hailwood Story. Tonight, of course I shall have to click on BT2. A word of warning however, I would recommend downloading something like Adblock to deal with any "pop ups" first.
Oh......and last night the film was streamed about 30 minutes after the actual program started, so if you try to see it tonight it may well start at about 10.30 and not 10.00. You'll just have to "suck it and see"

Hope this works for anyone wanting to watch.
rdgravy
Factory Rider
Factory Rider

Post by rdgravy »

Do you have any way of recording it Mr Roadrunner? I have the things needed to watch it off discs and stuff but BT and all that stuff are way away for me. :D
roadrunner
Factory Rider
Factory Rider

Post by roadrunner »

No Dave I haven't :retard: But if you try the above you should be able to watch it OK. Just have a bit of a practice now and see how you go. I'm as thick as two short planks when it comes to computers, but I sorted it last night all by myself :cool:
rdgravy
Factory Rider
Factory Rider

Post by rdgravy »

I had a quick scout on Youtube Mike. There's plenty about him on there. I'll look a little further into it when I get a free signal next. :)
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

Well I've just watched it and I thoroughly enjoyed it. He was certainly one of the boys with the girls. It was nice to see the old faces again. There's a few parts of the documentary which were very emotional and upsetting, I have to admit some of it brought a few tears to my eyes. Well worth watching again.
Bit of advice. Buy a good bed and a good pair of shoes, because if you aren't in one you'll be in the other.
roadrunner
Factory Rider
Factory Rider

Post by roadrunner »

Yes John, I watched it again and it was just as good the 2nd time around.
Poor Pauline. She never got over Mike's death. Just as moving as the first time I watched it :crybaby:
Georg
Spanner Monkey
Spanner Monkey

Post by Georg »

Watched propably the same document film from the net.

Great man. One of the legends.

*respect*
Olet, jos ajat. Ajat, jos et..!!