Tears on my pillow.

Post your pictures here: your bikes, meets you've attended, modifications you've made, x-rays you've had taken...
roadrunner
Factory Rider
Factory Rider

Post by roadrunner »

These are the pictures nuggitt didn't want you to see :ninja:

We first trimmed off the blue part of the sticker using a Stanley knife.
We put the broken bits in place, a bit like a jigsaw. Then we used a soldering iron to weld/melt the pieces together both sides. We drilled a hole at the end of the crack (seen in John's first picture where the blue sticker should be, and welded/melted the crack. We dressed off any raised plastic from the repair, then added Q Bond powder and the activator. That set solid in seconds. We did the same on the other side and flatted off the repair with wet and dry paper over a flat block of wood. The result of this can be seen in the photo. To add strength to the repair we spread Araldite at the back of the fairing and placed some mesh into it. This set solid and beefed up the area.
So this is how we did the repair and it's a big thank you Nasty for posting on here how he carries out such work.
With age comes wisdom.......and senility!!! Who are you again?
robertcains
Spanner Monkey
Spanner Monkey

Post by robertcains »

As a panel beater & painter of more years than I care to remember I'd like to add that looks a superb job, nice to see such skills!
Nick
Stig
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Stig »

:question:

did the whole fairing then get painted or was the damaged area blown in and hidden under the decal?
AKA Bald headed b'stard
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

We got the blue decal off and the sprayer painted the blue bit pefectly. The damaged area was then blown in up to the blue decal? :nod:
Bit of advice. Buy a good bed and a good pair of shoes, because if you aren't in one you'll be in the other.
Stig
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Stig »

nice going guys. And that white pearl looks perfect in the pictures
AKA Bald headed b'stard
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

Stig wrote:nice going guys. And that white pearl looks perfect in the pictures
And that white pearl is from a Honda I'm sorry to say. :D
Bit of advice. Buy a good bed and a good pair of shoes, because if you aren't in one you'll be in the other.
robertcains
Spanner Monkey
Spanner Monkey

Post by robertcains »

Can I ask what colour blue was used please? I need to buy a small amount to touch in my decals from stonechips, cheers
Nick
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

robertcains wrote:Can I ask what colour blue was used please? I need to buy a small amount to touch in my decals from stonechips, cheers
The paint code that the sprayer gave me was Yamaha 113 B/C

PM sent Robert
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

Robert. You have another PM