Air screw 'O' rings availability

The place to come to share your technical expertise, or just find out what the little springy thing is that's just pinged out of sight under the work-bench.
YAMAEXUP
Commentary Team
Commentary Team

Air screw 'O' rings availability

Post by YAMAEXUP »

Does anyone know where I can buy the very small 'O' rings from? Preferably without having to buy the complete assembly ie. the screw, spring, washer & 'O' ring.

I remember seeing a post that someone had bought the assembly from a firm called NRP or something?? Anyone confirm this please? A link would be ideal as i'm sure my fuelling glitch is down to worn 'O' rings. They look ok but difficult to tell as they're so small.

Ta loike...
Bikes-they're in the blood.

www.blood.co.uk
Stig
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Stig »

Allens may have the bits you need. I recently bought some o rings from them that fit just under the carb tops. They were just over a quid apiece
AKA Bald headed b'stard
Tiger
Brolly Dolly
Brolly Dolly

Post by Tiger »

Download an O ring size chart and use verniers to approximate OD and ID and gauge groove width with drill bit shanks.

A kindly old bloke at your local bearing supplier may take you out to the stock shelves if approached politely, that worked for me.

Cost me buggerall and I ended up with many spares [for possibly different applications] of different approximate dimensions, remember that if you stretch the ID of an O ring the section decreases.

Elastomers Rock :p

So do Old Blokes at bearing suppliers who appreciate that you have put some effort into your search before approaching them.

You catch more flies with honey than you will with vinegar. :D
YAMAEXUP
Commentary Team
Commentary Team

Post by YAMAEXUP »

I fitted the seals...& it made next to no differance at all.

What it does seem to do is to run much hotter on 3 & 4 than on 1 & 2. I measured the temp of the down pipes & #3 was running at over 300c, whereas #4 was more like 245c, with 1 & 2 at about 170c. The spark plugs are all the same colour & running ok.

I'm going to check the compression & valve clearances next.
Bikes-they're in the blood.

www.blood.co.uk