Dropping of standards.............

Start a discussion about anything you like here. Newbies please note, it's your round!
skyerae
Factory Rider
Factory Rider

Dropping of standards.............

Post by skyerae »

As my FZR needs just about eveything replaced/modified and/or repaired I have bought a Honda CB 500 to potter about on. It is in very good condition (for it's age) and only has 13000 miles on the clock (it is a 94 model). I will be picking it up on Monday and am looking forward to being on two wheels again (even if it is a H***a) I will be commuting into work during the week and the FZR didn't really like the commuting, I think the CB will be more suited to this. The FZR will be a work in progress (getting the shock, rear wheel and scottoiler fitted is the next step forward) Also discovered one of the front fork seals is weeping - something else to end to the list.
If you can't do a job properly, don't do it at all !!!
Stig
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Stig »

we all have to make sacrifices :lol:

IMHO, go for genuine seals in the forks and check the condition of the chrome in the stanctions around the seal travel area...if theres signs of wear to the surface they may need bushes too or there may be a very slight bend thats not visible to the eye...dropping the toob on a surface plate with some v blocks and a dti will confirm for straight
AKA Bald headed b'stard
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

Now you've got another bike to buzz about on. You won't have to rush doing the exup up. You'll be able to take your time with it. Like stig says,go for the genuine yamaha fork seals they do seem to last longer. Happy biking mate even though it is a H***A :lol: :p
Bit of advice. Buy a good bed and a good pair of shoes, because if you aren't in one you'll be in the other.