Dilemma

Start a discussion about anything you like here. Newbies please note, it's your round!
jonny bravo
Test Rider
Test Rider

Dilemma

Post by jonny bravo »

OK struggling here to make my mind up - after selling my old exup and deeply regretting it, I found another '89 and am now getting it back together.

The plan was to do a similar job as before (see my avatar) with absolutely everything in ally polished up to mirror finish, frame, engine, wheels, swinging arm etc, and paint the fairing in something eye-catching...

Well - problem is, after tidying her up ready to start doing some work, taking off the tank bag she came with and fitting a solo seat cover - not sure I should....

This bike is never likely to be sold, so it's not about the money - but should i keep it looking standard.... Or polish it to within an inch of it's life?

a. Leave it well alone (but clean it ya bastard)
b. Stnadard paint, but polish it enough to make stig jealous
c. Full polish job, with a painted pattern fairing and my company logo's to make it stand out

nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

My answer is B Jonny, but don't listen to me mate. I told you not to sell the other exup but did you listen, Did you heckerslike. :p
Bit of advice. Buy a good bed and a good pair of shoes, because if you aren't in one you'll be in the other.
jonny bravo
Test Rider
Test Rider

Post by jonny bravo »

Shouldn't have, but in the end it all worked out: This one is way better than my old one! It rides as well as a new bike, and I just can't fault it. A mate of mine has worked wonders on the carbs and I've never ridden a smoother more enjoyable bike.

I hereby promise, short of accidents or infirmity - this one will never be sold as there's nothing out there that I would prefer.
itsnotagenesis
More Rabbit Than Sainsbury's

Post by itsnotagenesis »

If there is no damage to the frame or swinger I would not polish it as the finish is great on these bikes and you would just be giving yourself loads of work.
Same goes for the bodywork, if its as good as it looks in the pics, leave it as it is it will be worth more in the future if its standard.
Teego

Post by Teego »

Keep it standard but super clean. Every nook, cranny and bolt.
Keep on keepin' on.
YAMAEXUP
Commentary Team
Commentary Team

Post by YAMAEXUP »

Agree with Teego...keep it standard. Even my battered Exup-R gets looks, but a good condition bike does look the dogs :nod:
Bikes-they're in the blood.

www.blood.co.uk