newbie with good news

Start a discussion about anything you like here. Newbies please note, it's your round!
maxi
Brolly Dolly
Brolly Dolly

newbie with good news

Post by maxi »

Hi comrades, just easing me self into my first post so be gentle with me lol, anyhow just sold my 918 fireplace to concentrate on my other more important Yamaha steeds, both yzf 750,s one pink/white ( standard) and t,other streetfightered. I,m currently giving an exup RU motor a refresh and will be fitting it to one of these two. U guys have been a good help already having read previous posts, and no doubt will be invaluable in the future. By the way , looking on eBay, searched mikuni needle jets and NICHE in USA do em cheap, worth a look,--regards MAXI :)
creedxup
Parts department
Parts department

Post by creedxup »

Cheers Maxi, normally when we buy from America, the postal charges are horrendous, although these small parts could be posted cheaply, also we have to pay 20% import duty on items purchased outside the EU which can make items from America a little less of a bargain.

You'll need adaptor plates to fit the RU engine to a YZF 750, but I have seen a hole drilled through the frame for the Cylinder head bolts, (didn't look very good)

Also you'll need to fit the FZR 1000 EXUP carbs which makes it necessary to fit the EXUP air box which won't fit under the YZf750 tank, which means you have to adapt or fit pods (which have their own problems with these large valve overlap engines)

I think the Yzf750 carbs physically fit the 1000 engine and would give a nice midrange, but you'd loose power up top.

Anyway it's all been covered on her on a few projects, so you should find the information easily enough with keywords, or someone may jump in with a link or 2

Good luck.
1992 RU midnight blue, Wiseco 1070, 6 speed, r1 calipers, ducati discs , 157 bhp crank, Ohlins shock
Stig
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Stig »

welcome,

Look forward to seeing your rides.

BTW, if you need jets I can supply them. Have a look in lounge at group buy post :thumbsup:
AKA Bald headed b'stard
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

:welcome: in Maxi. Leave me a pint of Guinness behind the bar and I'll pick it up later. It's far to early for alcohol. :puke: :D
Bit of advice. Buy a good bed and a good pair of shoes, because if you aren't in one you'll be in the other.
maxi
Brolly Dolly
Brolly Dolly

carb dilemma

Post by maxi »

Well , thanks for the input guys, just shootin the breeze bout what to do, so far I,ve assembled 1 x 95 RU motor --4pm prefix, 1 thunder ace full race system , thunder ace carbs complete with air box and stage 1 dynojet kit, and thunder ace inlet manifolds, as I understand they are spaced differently, so not forgetting the 750 carbs , I got plenty to play with. The DJ kit is still boxed so I,m assuming the t-ace carb jets are standard, so if anyone can make anything from this lot let me know! 1more thing, -i don't mind jacking the tank, or doing pods plus dyno time , by the way stig , will probably need tubes , but I dunno which carbs to run yet , that's the dilemma. Forgot to mention that I have k+n filters for both yzf 750 and t-ace, not pods, --anyhow as mentioned before, I know its been done loads a times , but feel free to tell me what worked for u, cheers Maxi.
1WD 2W STEER