newbie from n wales

Start a discussion about anything you like here. Newbies please note, it's your round!
Stig
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Stig »

Rattle from clutch side may carbs out of balnce....it makes it echo more than normal sounding like its originating from that area. The other rattle could be the exup valve rattling against its stop in the housing...a slight adjustment on the cables will sort that one

The poor low down could be the toobs as its a common issue but may also be the exup valve either not turning or buggered servo teeth if its been seized at some point in time. To check the servo, with ignition off rotate the servo wheel full clockwise...then turn on ignition and it should reset to centre. Then check its moving the cables and lower pulley are doing the same :thumbsup:
AKA Bald headed b'stard
hammiegt
Ear-Plug Cleaner
Ear-Plug Cleaner

Post by hammiegt »

behold the 500 quid beauty

hammiegt
Ear-Plug Cleaner
Ear-Plug Cleaner

Post by hammiegt »

As you can see, a little work needed lol
cheers for now Hammie
Stig
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Stig »

Looks like you've got your spare time accounted for in the near future :nod:

The fast flash of the indicators will be down to the mini indicators...you'll need some inline resistors to slow the flash rate

Fret not about the bikes condition. I bought a RG125F in a similar condition and its looking OK now. Its had a fair few hours spent on it tho' but will be smart when done (I hope)
AKA Bald headed b'stard
creedxup
Parts department
Parts department

Post by creedxup »

The courier will collect your prize tomorrow 😊 if you like you can put that R1 can into the box and send it back to me ? 👍
1992 RU midnight blue, Wiseco 1070, 6 speed, r1 calipers, ducati discs , 157 bhp crank, Ohlins shock
hammiegt
Ear-Plug Cleaner
Ear-Plug Cleaner

Post by hammiegt »

so that was your cunning plan all along eh, didn't used to work in the stores did you lol, you can have it if you want it mate, fair trade methinks
creedxup
Parts department
Parts department

Post by creedxup »

I didn't work in the stores, but I knew a lot of people that did :-)
1992 RU midnight blue, Wiseco 1070, 6 speed, r1 calipers, ducati discs , 157 bhp crank, Ohlins shock
hammiegt
Ear-Plug Cleaner
Ear-Plug Cleaner

Post by hammiegt »

when I swap the cans over i will get it out to you, let me know your address
cheers H
hammiegt
Ear-Plug Cleaner
Ear-Plug Cleaner

Post by hammiegt »

well a pallet full of very cheap goodies arrived today, best bit prob being a emc adjustable rear shock which seems ok, v cheap cheap, also the fairing panels and tank seem in pretty good order, have a bank of carbs to strip and send to stig?????? lol , I presume the exup valve should be able to be turned by hand?, if that's the case we have a stuck one, although down pipes seem ok, will have to start some work on it soon, endcan from creed has arrived too mucho ta
cheers hammieImage[/img]