Tears on my pillow.

Post your pictures here: your bikes, meets you've attended, modifications you've made, x-rays you've had taken...
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

Well I've managed to find the two broken bits of plastic so that's good news. :nod: Just need to get them plastic welded now by my good friend Mike roadrunner.

While I was pulling the bike out of its space in the garage. I noticed that I had a clunk when I turned the steering left to right. Sounds like I'm needing new head race bearings now. I'll put a new post up in workshop because I've got a question to ask about them.
Bit of advice. Buy a good bed and a good pair of shoes, because if you aren't in one you'll be in the other.
creedxup
Parts department
Parts department

Post by creedxup »

If it's a clunk (and it turns out to be head race bearings) they probably just need tightening up, you only need to replace them when they feel notchy.
1992 RU midnight blue, Wiseco 1070, 6 speed, r1 calipers, ducati discs , 157 bhp crank, Ohlins shock
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

Thanks for that Chris. I've just put a post up in the workshop about bearings. I'll investigate what you said and see if they need tightening up a bit. :nod:
Bit of advice. Buy a good bed and a good pair of shoes, because if you aren't in one you'll be in the other.
rdgravy
Factory Rider
Factory Rider

Post by rdgravy »

now I am scared!!!! :nod: you need advice on head bearings?? didn't you do mine last summer??? :paranoid: :paranoid: if you need a hand to shift your workbench let me know. :)
undeadhairy
Test Rider
Test Rider

Post by undeadhairy »

Nugget my old friend. The bearings are find the clunking is just your old joints failing
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

rdgravy wrote:now I am scared!!!! :nod: you need advice on head bearings?? didn't you do mine last summer??? :paranoid: :paranoid: if you need a hand to shift your workbench let me know. :)
Don't you be fretting about your bearings young man. Didn't I tell you that you've got a 10year nuggitt warranty with them. :lol: :lol:

I'm just wondering Dave if I need the bearings with just the bottom seal? Your bearings I fitted have a top and bottom seal, but your not as tight as this ducks arse are you? :lol: :lol: :lol:
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

undeadhairy wrote:Nugget my old friend. The bearings are find the clunking is just your old joints failing
You could be spot on Carl. I've been to the quacks this morning to get my back checked over. It's giving me quite a bit of jip. :crybaby: :crybaby: Keep taking the tablets eh! :D
rdgravy
Factory Rider
Factory Rider

Post by rdgravy »

Tight.... Me.... I turn the grill off when I turn the the toast over and put a fork in the sugar bowl. Makes me wonder if I'm really from Yorkshire. Both seals won't do any harm for the sake of a quid or two. Get some tiger balm for your back, cheap as chips in Poundland, works on ya joints too.. :D
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

When the missus says to me turn the heating up a bit. I turn another light buld on. 60w max. When there's no colour coming out of a tea bag then I throw it away. When it's raining roadrunner turns his wiper blades off when he enters a tunnel to save on rubber. :lol: :lol: :lol: Tight Yorkshire & Lincoln buggers aren't we. :D
undeadhairy
Test Rider
Test Rider

Post by undeadhairy »

nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

That's interesting Carl. I'll save that link for future reference. :nod:
undeadhairy
Test Rider
Test Rider

Post by undeadhairy »

It is but just abit expensive an again its the getting here in one piece job :paranoid:
roadrunner
Factory Rider
Factory Rider

Post by roadrunner »

And will the top bit fit to the original side panels? Click on the specifications and it looks like there may be quite a bit of work to do before it's good to go. :(
With age comes wisdom.......and senility!!! Who are you again?
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

I got my tank back from the sprayers a couple of weeks ago. Today I also got my top half fairing back. Roadrunner (Mike) did a cracking (pardon the pun) job of repairing the damaged fairing. The sprayer has done a superb job of spraying them both. All I need to do now is put it all back together just in time for this cold snap of weather that's coming back at the weekend. :lol: :lol:

I'll have to do something with that grubby looking petrol cap filler. It's showing the tank up.
rdgravy
Factory Rider
Factory Rider

Post by rdgravy »

A fine job that is chap.. :)