Tears on my pillow.

Post your pictures here: your bikes, meets you've attended, modifications you've made, x-rays you've had taken...
nuggitt

Tears on my pillow.

Post by nuggitt »

I put the bike away for winter in November and yesterday I thought I'd go and have a look at her. This is what I found when I took the cover off.

When I put the bike away for winter I always fill the tank with petrol so it doesn't rust inside. It's obvious that petrol has been seeping through the rubber seal of the filler cap. All the hard work Nasty did on this tank has been ruined now. I'm not a happy bunny today. :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby:
Bit of advice. Buy a good bed and a good pair of shoes, because if you aren't in one you'll be in the other.
undeadhairy
Test Rider
Test Rider

Post by undeadhairy »

But as they said in the 6 billion dollar man. We can rebuild you an make you faster. Stronger
Stig
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Stig »

:crybaby:
That is not nice!

I too took my tank off last year whilst I was sorting the wiring. There wasnt alot of fuel in it so I stood it on end resting against the wall

When I came to refit I noticed that the tap had been passing coving the underside of the tank in petrol...with similar results. Fortunately it was limited to the underside. I Took it back off this last week to be able to sort the damaged paint area whilst i was sorting the carb fuelling issue...its on a list of things to do....and the bikes STILL not made it into its vac bag. At this rate it may not make it at all this winter!
AKA Bald headed b'stard
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

undeadhairy wrote:But as they said in the 6 billion dollar man. We can rebuild you an make you faster. Stronger
I bet they can, but I bet they wont do it for nowt though :lol: :crybaby:
Bit of advice. Buy a good bed and a good pair of shoes, because if you aren't in one you'll be in the other.
Teego
More Rabbit Than Sainsbury's
More Rabbit Than Sainsbury's

Post by Teego »

Nothing a bit of T-Cut won't sort out. My GSXR has been under its cover for weeks. Hope its OK.
Keep on keepin' on.
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

Teego wrote:Nothing a bit of T-Cut won't sort out.
I suppose it would speed up the process if I used a paint scraper on it. :crybaby: :crybaby:
creedxup
Parts department
Parts department

Post by creedxup »

It's taken some of the paint off your filler cap as well :puke:
1992 RU midnight blue, Wiseco 1070, 6 speed, r1 calipers, ducati discs , 157 bhp crank, Ohlins shock
rdgravy
Factory Rider
Factory Rider

Post by rdgravy »

I feel for you pal :eek: I'd better check the cover on mine too. Still, nobody got hurt and things could be worse. Not nice tho..
nasty
Pit-lane Reporter
Pit-lane Reporter

Post by nasty »

I still have the paint :crybaby:
nasty`s the name helmet paintins, the game

if not pink don`t lick it!
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

There's more tears on my pillow today.

I set about draining my damaged petrol tank this afternoon. Got all my petrol cans at the ready to syphon the petrol out of the tank. The first can I used was a 10ltr one. Got the pipe in the tank and and started to syphon the tank. The pipe I was using was only a small bore and it was trickleing in to the can. So my lovely wife had made me a sandwich so I thought I'm not going to stand here watching it trickle in so I went for my sandwich. We all know the saying "a watched kettle never boils" does it?

I wasn't away too long and when I was walking back to the garage I could smell petrol. I opened the garage door and there was about a gallon all over the floor. Muck Fe!! I said. Got a bucket of soapy water and swilled the garage floor with it. I needed to move the bike out of the way because there was a big puddle underneath the bike. While I was trying to move the bike my feet were sliding about on the slippy floor. I heard a loud crack and when I looked down I saw this.... :crybaby: :crybaby:

I think I'll sell it and take up fishing instead. Much safer too. :lol:

Last edited by nuggitt on Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
creedxup
Parts department
Parts department

Post by creedxup »

Didn't you buy a brand new fairing from Greece before that didn't arrive ?
1992 RU midnight blue, Wiseco 1070, 6 speed, r1 calipers, ducati discs , 157 bhp crank, Ohlins shock
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

creedxup wrote:Didn't you buy a brand new fairing from Greece before that didn't arrive ?
I did buy a new fairing Chris but it was from Italy. It was in mint condition too. :nod: I payed 83 Euro's for it and 25 Euros postage. The lad sent it but it got damaged in transit. :crybaby: I got my money back but I'd have sooner had the fairing though. :nod:

I have a spare tophalf fairing up in the loft which nasty repaired for me, but this one on the bike is the better of the two.

I've had a word with roadrunner and we are going to have a go at repairing it. :nod:
Gord
Test Rider
Test Rider

Post by Gord »

They say these things happen in threes, lol, let's hope not!
Stig
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Stig »

OMG :eek:

That is NOT good! Hang in there my good man, sure you'll get things sorted. Just a real shame after all the effort you put into it last year :crybaby:
AKA Bald headed b'stard
rdgravy
Factory Rider
Factory Rider

Post by rdgravy »

ah fella. I hope they don't happen in threes. It could have been worse. I've seen those fairings advertised from Greece but I thought they looked a little flimsy, I may be wrong. If the repair doesn't go to plan I'm sure you'd have no trouble selling it on at a good price, I'd be an interested party anyway. The snowdrops are up and the daff bulbs are shooting through, nights are pulling out too. Better weather is on the way. Well, after some snow and frost and stuff that's not really worth mentioning. Chin up lad. :D