***Carbs wanted***

Post your items for sale and items wanted here.
Hudders
Test Rider
Test Rider

***Carbs wanted***

Post by Hudders »

The carbs on my 1000RU ('91) keep on giving me a headache so I want to change them for a decent, known working set so if anyone has a set, please let me know.
Life's a bitch an' then you die
Stig
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Stig »

I have 2 spare sets, both have been ultrasonically cleaned. I set appears to have Dyno jet needles but I dont know to what spec
Neither set have been tested tho' to date

If you want I can sonic clean your existing set, just depends on what issues you're having with them as to whether it'll cure your problems

My mates R1 has had a bad missfire after being stood for the best part of a year. It was fine before being laid up. Hes taken the carbs to a mechanic who claimed to have stripped and cleaned them but its not cured the problem. Mate has changed all electrical items such as coils , plugs etc that may create the same effect and is now running out of ideas. So, I sonic cleaned them last night. There was a fair amount of dirt in the bottom of the tank when done.
I'll let you know next week after they're refitted and tried if its worked :nod:
AKA Bald headed b'stard
Gord
Test Rider
Test Rider

Post by Gord »

If fuels pissing out if one on the bowls, it sounds like your float levels are out. Did you check them when you cleaned them?
Stig
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Stig »

Gord wrote:If fuels pissing out if one on the bowls, it sounds like your float levels are out. Did you check them when you cleaned them?
or theres more small particles of dirt getting through from the tank, afterall the holes in some of the jets are stupidly small and that the fault moves across cylinders and is not specific to any certian one?
AKA Bald headed b'stard
Hudders
Test Rider
Test Rider

Post by Hudders »

Still looking for a set of these
creedxup
Parts department
Parts department

Post by creedxup »

I have 3 sets of carbs, I know one of them isn't quite right after a rebuild, but I'm sure the other 2 are fine.

If you want to try them, you'd be welcome to.

Ride down if you think it'd make it and we can try to find the problem, I'm in Hastings, not too far.
1992 RU midnight blue, Wiseco 1070, 6 speed, r1 calipers, ducati discs , 157 bhp crank, Ohlins shock
Hudders
Test Rider
Test Rider

Post by Hudders »

Just seen your answer.

Dont think the bike will make it tbh.

Still need a set of carbs although she is up for sale. If I can get a set of carbs before she sells and I sort the problem out once and for all then I'll keep her.

Either way, it's needs to be sorted cos it's doing my nut in !!