A Grey 89 Exup?

Post your pictures here: your bikes, meets you've attended, modifications you've made, x-rays you've had taken...
nuggitt

A Grey 89 Exup?

Post by nuggitt »

Just taken the car to have some work done on it at a garage near to me. While I was stood at the counter in the waiting room. I noticed on the back wall some framed photos of bikes at Cadwell Park. When I looked closer it was an Exup in one of the photos. I asked the owner is that your exup and he said yes. :D Well that was it for half an hour he downed tools had we a good chat about exups etc. He told me he bought it eight years ago from Padgetts in Batley West Yorkshire. It was brand new in a crate at the back of the warehouse :eek: :eek:

He doesn't use it much at all, it does more track days than road days. It'a an 1989 model and it's only got 11,000 miles on the clock and he was thinking of selling it. I told him otherwise. (Is that roadrunner I see hovering above the garage like a vulture) :p

Now the mystery of this bike is the colour. It's a grey one and it's on a P plate. I've never seen a grey one before. I didn't know they did them in that colour. I have slipped him a come and join us at exup1000.co.uk nutters card. Whether he will or not I don't know. So that's another exup owner in my area. That's 5 in total now.

Bit of advice. Buy a good bed and a good pair of shoes, because if you aren't in one you'll be in the other.
Stig
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Stig »

I swear thats a standard colour on the back of one of the sales brochures
AKA Bald headed b'stard
Fatdog
Test Rider
Test Rider

Post by Fatdog »

Stig wrote:I swear thats a standard colour on the back of one of the sales brochures
This one?
1993 YZF750R
EXUP - Knee Down
Stig
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Stig »

or even this one :D on our very own main site

http://www.exup1000.co.uk/download_cent ... ochure.pdf
AKA Bald headed b'stard
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

Apart from the grey ones at the back of the brochures. This is the first grey one I've seen. I suppose if you think about it logically and you were buying a new bike. You'd go for the red white and blue one instead of the drab grey looking one. :) :(

I presume that's why it was tucked away in a crate at the back of the store room, because nobody wanted that colour. :nod:
Bit of advice. Buy a good bed and a good pair of shoes, because if you aren't in one you'll be in the other.
YAMAEXUP
Commentary Team
Commentary Team

Post by YAMAEXUP »

I always wanted the blue/blue/white version, but they seemed a bit rare when I was looking around.

Would replace all of the bodywork if the stuff was available :)
Bikes-they're in the blood.

www.blood.co.uk
Fatdog
Test Rider
Test Rider

Post by Fatdog »

nuggitt wrote:Apart from the grey ones at the back of the brochures. This is the first grey one I've seen. I suppose if you think about it logically and you were buying a new bike. You'd go for the red white and blue one instead of the drab grey looking one. :) :(

I presume that's why it was tucked away in a crate at the back of the store room, because nobody wanted that colour. :nod:
And what is wrong with a drab grey bike?? :D :lol:
1993 YZF750R
EXUP - Knee Down
creedxup
Parts department
Parts department

Post by creedxup »

Fatdog wrote:
nuggitt wrote:Apart from the grey ones at the back of the brochures. This is the first grey one I've seen. I suppose if you think about it logically and you were buying a new bike. You'd go for the red white and blue one instead of the drab grey looking one. :) :(

And what is wrong with a drab grey bike?? :D :lol:
Yours isn't drab, it's got purple bits 😃
1992 RU midnight blue, Wiseco 1070, 6 speed, r1 calipers, ducati discs , 157 bhp crank, Ohlins shock
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

Your's is a lovely 50 shades of grey Chris. :D :lol:
Stig
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Stig »

I like the grey version...

I also like the blue version :nod:
AKA Bald headed b'stard