oxford monster padlock and chain

Here's your chance to tell us about the best (and worst!) bits of biking kit or accessories you've bought. Real-world reviews from real riders!
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

Is this the one Dave?

OXFORD MONSTER
Bit of advice. Buy a good bed and a good pair of shoes, because if you aren't in one you'll be in the other.
joeboy
More Rabbit Than Sainsbury's

Post by joeboy »

GOVERNMENT WARNING!:
If you are having individual free thoughts please switch on your TV immediately and watch x factor, or go shopping, or buy a happy meal, free thought will lead to extremism.
joeboy

Post by joeboy »

I use one of these, I am not sure they are much better but they deffo cheaper.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ArSWkXW4kc
GOVERNMENT WARNING!:
If you are having individual free thoughts please switch on your TV immediately and watch x factor, or go shopping, or buy a happy meal, free thought will lead to extremism.
rdgravy
Factory Rider
Factory Rider

Post by rdgravy »

That's the one Nuggit. Altho I don't much like the youtube clip Joeboy put on. Wasn't sure what to get really. Still, if they want it they'll get it. :ninja:
Stig
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Stig »

got to ask yourself how many folk run around with a 4ft pair of croppers stuffed down their trousers

whatever you use it'll just slow them down or make them choose an easier target
AKA Bald headed b'stard
rdgravy
Factory Rider
Factory Rider

Post by rdgravy »

Ooooo errrr. I just googled it Stig. My laptop started smoking.
joeboy

Post by joeboy »

Stig wrote:got to ask yourself how many folk run around with a 4ft pair of croppers stuffed down their trousers

Thieves do..but there in the back of the van they take your bike away in.. :unibrow:

Oxford stuff is pretty crap compared to most but the real security chains are hundreds of pounds per metre.

That one I haves is a beast..it lives upto its name like and around 35 quid its good value.
GOVERNMENT WARNING!:
rdgravy
Factory Rider
Factory Rider

Post by rdgravy »

I think you're right Joeboy. Most seem to be taken away in a van where they are either stored before being shipped over to Eastern Europe or stripped down for parts here. Either way a padlock and chain doesn't make too much difference. I've got a couple of bikes and chain them together when I'm not out on them so hopefully that shoule be a little deterrent. I have one of them Data Tagged but to me that seems pretty pointless as it can only be identified if it's recovered, which most of are not. I'm sure also that a few Data Tag stickers on a bike only really alert the seller that he ought to be more careful where he sells the stuff on to.