A Great Place to Stay in France

Here's your chance to tell us about the best (and worst!) bits of biking kit or accessories you've bought. Real-world reviews from real riders!
roadrunner
Factory Rider
Factory Rider

A Great Place to Stay in France

Post by roadrunner »

Hi chaps. I've just returned from a biking holiday in France with a friend, visiting the D Day Beaches in Normandy and other places of interest in the area. It was particularly poignant for me as I wanted to visit Gold Beach as that was where my father landed on D Day 6th June 1944. His war time diary told me he landed at Arromanches, which was the first place we visited. Our whole time spent in Normandy was made all the more special by way of the accommodation in which we stayed. the La Motte.

This guest house is a beautiful 19th century farm house, set in it's own grounds surrounded by rolling country side. The owners are an English couple, Bill and Carol Smith. Carol is a fantastic cook and prepared our evening meals with wine or beer for 20 euro's each. Bill is a fantastic host and a bit of a comedian to boot. He charges only 2 euro's for a large bottle of beer in the biker's bar. They are fantastic hosts and you would be hard pressed to find a better couple. Bellow you will find their link, so please, if you are planning a trip to Normandy, then have a good read of their website. Look at the reviews they are getting if you don't believe this recommendation!

http://www.lamottebandb.fr/

I will post some of my photo's of the La Motte once I get them into my computer
With age comes wisdom.......and senility!!! Who are you again?
roadrunner
Factory Rider
Factory Rider

Post by roadrunner »

Hi chaps, as promised I have put up a few of the photo's of the La Motte guest house for those who may be thinking of taking a trip to Normandy at any time. We (my mate and I) found the place to be top notch in every way. Take a look at the place and make up your own minds :nod:

A rear view of the house.

Another rear view.

And the front view.

Inside the barn bar.

The other end of the bar.

The drive way to the La Motte......and yes that taxi is another of Bill's big boy toys :D Oh! and the building at the end on the right has more of his toys :ninja:

The under cover bike park...... and extra parking for more of Bill's toys

A view of some of some of the "rolling country side" from the rear of the bar.

Some of the La Motte's rear garden.

That farm house is the nearest neighbour and the land you see is all Bill and Carol's.

Don't get the idea that Bill and Carol are "stuck up" 'cos they certainly aren't. The car is just another one of Bill's toys, in fact Carol won't ride in it much 'cos she feels it's pretentious. :( ................

......... We didn't though when he took us out for his once a week run in it :cool: ............

.........And here's the proof :shades:

But all good things must come to an end :crybaby: ...Thanks Bill and Carol for making our stay so memorable :) As Arnie says "we'll be back"
With age comes wisdom.......and senility!!! Who are you again?
creedxup
Parts department
Parts department

Post by creedxup »

Looks like a nice place and it's always good to have known someone that recommends it . :)
1992 RU midnight blue, Wiseco 1070, 6 speed, r1 calipers, ducati discs , 157 bhp crank, Ohlins shock