Vivian - Banner's streetfighter experiment.

Post your pictures here: your bikes, meets you've attended, modifications you've made, x-rays you've had taken...
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

That's looking very nice John. I'm not jealous one bit. B*****D!! :lol: :p
Bit of advice. Buy a good bed and a good pair of shoes, because if you aren't in one you'll be in the other.
banner001
Pit-lane Reporter
Pit-lane Reporter

Post by banner001 »

only problem is now im skint, i have exactly 37p in my bike account :D

and im not getting my allowance i pay myself next month as i am buying a cheese press instead...but hopefully i will whack in the old clutch plates and check that the engine is turning over fine, then ill get it into a "rideable shape" and break the engine in over a long weekend, probably in august.

:D
Fatdog
Test Rider
Test Rider

Post by Fatdog »

Wow now that engine looks nice!
Just don't chip it getting it back in the frame!!!! :eek:
Btw why does the engine have two filler plugs?
Mines the same except the inner one is a slot headed cap (opposed to the standard plastic filler cap).
Just wondering that all :confused:
1993 YZF750R
EXUP - Knee Down
banner001
Pit-lane Reporter
Pit-lane Reporter

Post by banner001 »

good question...i dont know, the oil all drains into the same place, and i cant see why you would need both?

i have often wondered about it myself to be honest.

an waiting on engine parts now, but i have a conference thursday-friday, and an archaeological dig on sunday before going back to work monday...so im not going to get to play with the engine for a couple of weeks at least :(
Stig
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Stig »

from memory, this Q has been asked before and I seem to remember the general concensous was that the extra filler was a machining hole of some sorts which was needed during manufacture?
AKA Bald headed b'stard
dan83590
Earbasher
Earbasher

Post by dan83590 »

Ive also only seen the extra filler on R models.
banner001
Pit-lane Reporter
Pit-lane Reporter

Post by banner001 »

Stig wrote:from memory, this Q has been asked before and I seem to remember the general concensous was that the extra filler was a machining hole of some sorts which was needed during manufacture?
its odd though, if you check out my cases on page 2 before splitting, there is nothing under that hole that couldnt be got at by just removing the clutch cover...ill not use it for topping up the oil anyways, so i might fit a blanking plug if i can find a nice aly one...
banner001
Pit-lane Reporter
Pit-lane Reporter

Post by banner001 »

somebody might have a big box of engine components to pick up tomorrow...
creedxup
Parts department
Parts department

Post by creedxup »

The filler plug in the cases is the oil filler location for the earlier FZR1000 genesis and FZR750 models.

Yamaha must have used the same machining when they converted to making the EXUP cases which are very similar (the same?)

The RU, YZF750 and Thunderace all have the same hole in the cases but have a metal plug fitted instead of the extra filler cap.
1992 RU midnight blue, Wiseco 1070, 6 speed, r1 calipers, ducati discs , 157 bhp crank, Ohlins shock
banner001
Pit-lane Reporter
Pit-lane Reporter

Post by banner001 »

ohh...

now to combine with all the parts ive bought from creedxup and ebay and get me a functional engine :D

gotta clean a space on my benches now, get the swingarm bearings pressed in, buy a chain and sprockets and i will be good to get it actually turning a wheel - remember, i got it as a non runner with no chain on it :D
Stig
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Stig »

by the looks of all those official tuning fork logos that looks a very expensive box :nod:

good luck with the build :thumbsup:
AKA Bald headed b'stard
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

Fatdog wrote:someone tell me I'm not mad please :confused:
You're not mad or you wouldn't be here on this forum like the rest of us mad buggers. Just keep taking the medicine and you'll be fine. :lol: :lol:

Bit of advice. Buy a good bed and a good pair of shoes, because if you aren't in one you'll be in the other.
banner001
Pit-lane Reporter
Pit-lane Reporter

Post by banner001 »

its all good, i had the cash for the engine rebuild and subframe, buy with buying a new bike i can now only tackle the subframe, in the meantime ive been introduced to a lad who does fairly decent leather work:-

im thinking of having a leather seat made with a design incorporated on it, maybe just a yam logo, nothing too gopping.
banner001
Pit-lane Reporter
Pit-lane Reporter

Post by banner001 »

*i ment to say, with buying a new bike i dont have cash to tackle the subframe, that will be for afters...im buying a LiPO battery for the bike so ill make a holder for the cdi, battery and some assorted electrics at some point.
Fatdog
Test Rider
Test Rider

Post by Fatdog »

Thanks Nuggitt for the reassuring words. I'll go back to rocking in the corner! :wall:
1993 YZF750R
EXUP - Knee Down