Just joined

Post your pictures here: your bikes, meets you've attended, modifications you've made, x-rays you've had taken...
Killawife
Scooter Boy
Scooter Boy

Just joined

Post by Killawife »

Hi, I own a YZF 750R-93 and live in sweden. I usually post on a bunch of other boards so why not post here too?

My bike below is pretty standard, dynojet, filter, Termignoni end can. But I have also done a lot of small changes to it like a ZX11 rear shock, R1 -07 Brake master cylinder, Stebel compressor horn(real nice one that), CNC levers, Pro-taper quick throttle, some polished parts, other mirrors and some smaller changes.

I also have a SP fork on it but not in the picture.
I have also tried a lot of things earlier on the bike that have been scrapped: I have had two different Akrapovich systems from R6's on it but these didn't work to well for different reasons. I had a Xenonkit on it which looked great but the quality of the kit was dubious and I couldn't live with it going on and off at times. I had a set of racing clip-ons from a R1 on for a while but these have no weights so they ended up vibrating badly on long rides. At one point my hands were so numb i couldn't close them. I also tried a R1 rear exhaust hanger but it didn't fit properly.
I was going to do the Blue spot conversion but opted out and sold them.

Right now my projects are to go down in the garage and remove the front wheel for a tyre change. Other than that I'm thinking of a FZR engine conversion but haven't decided since its a lot of work of transporting the engine and frame.

The bike(thats my Audi Urs4 there too):

Stig
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Stig »

:welcome: to the madhouse

Sounds like you like messing with the spanners :D

What made you opt from the blue spots :question:
AKA Bald headed b'stard
mobil1
Considerably Faster than Yeow!
Considerably Faster than Yeow!

Post by mobil1 »

Welcome in!
:retard:
Play Safe! Play Hard!!
Killawife
Scooter Boy
Scooter Boy

Post by Killawife »

Stig wrote::welcome: to the madhouse

Sounds like you like messing with the spanners :D

What made you opt from the blue spots :question:
Thx. Yeah I've probably spent more time fiddling with the damn thing than actually riding it.
I bought a pair of blue spots and was going to mount them but wasn't really keen on putting the grinder to my forks. Also, since I got the R1 master cylinder the 6-pots have got a lot more feel to them than before so I simply didn't think the difference would be that great. Also, I was told that the goldpots have ceramic-coated pistons that work better, so I thought I'd wait to see if I could get a hold of a pair. None have appeared though. :/
nasty
Pit-lane Reporter
Pit-lane Reporter

Post by nasty »

Hello and weclome
:D
nasty`s the name helmet paintins, the game

if not pink don`t lick it!
Stig
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Stig »

Killawife wrote: Yeah I've probably spent more time fiddling with the damn thing than actually riding it. :/
:paranoid: :whistle: :whistle:
AKA Bald headed b'stard
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

Hello and welcome to the forum. :thumbsup:
Bit of advice. Buy a good bed and a good pair of shoes, because if you aren't in one you'll be in the other.
Killawife
Scooter Boy
Scooter Boy

Post by Killawife »

Its been some time since I've written anything here about my bike so i guess I will. This will probably be a long one.
Last year i finallly found the reason for my bikes erratic idle, it turned out that it was a small collection of errors: Mostly responsible were probably the float heaight, which was completely off and differetn on all carbs. I also had a leak on a vaccum line and a o-ring missing in a carb. After fixing these things and balancing the carbs the bike now runs beautfully. Its like a totally different machine. So I rode it for the few months of summer that were left and then put it up for sale. there were no takers so i decided to sell off all the trick parts and try to sell it as standard come spring at a cheaper price.
We'll see how it goes.
Meanwhile I had to get another bike so I bought a R1 -00. Englishregged actually. Crashed but mostly put together. The guy who had it before me was a twat though so I've had to correct a lot of errors made by him but I expected as much.
I've worked on it for two months now and got almost everything sorted. I've done so many things that it won't fit here but basically I've removed everything but the engine and replaced anything worn or ugly. I had to replace the entire wire loom as there was a pesky alarm wired into it that kept going off. I had to replace the radiator since it was busted and got sent the wrong radiator TWICE!. I'm actually waiting for the third one now.
I replaced the front calipers with 03 models as the twat had painted the originals yellow and I've upgraded the lines to goodridge and put my Brembo master cylinder on.
I also fitted Woodcraft engine cases as I had to replace one and got a good price on these.
As it is now I'm waiting for the registry so I can get it legal and insured and after that I will pick it apart again :) , for modifying.
I hope the weather turns warm soon so I can testdrive it beforehand.
Its got FIAT replica bodywork on it but most panels are damaged and the rear is shoddily painted so I will have to fix that eventually. Not now though, its not that important.
Pictures below and a video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8DfMLukMkQ

Killawife
Scooter Boy
Scooter Boy

Post by Killawife »

My R1 is now finished with new fairings and quite a bit of of changes. It runs and rides beautifully. Its almost a bit much for me sometimes.

Stig
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Stig »

Nice :thumbsup:

That can would get the hacksaw tho' if it were mine and be approx 5" shorter :nod: :D
AKA Bald headed b'stard
Killawife
Scooter Boy
Scooter Boy

Post by Killawife »

Yea I've been planning to shorten it some but haven't gotten around to it yet.
Killawife
Scooter Boy
Scooter Boy

Post by Killawife »

Got me an akra pipe instead :D