One year on.

Post your pictures here: your bikes, meets you've attended, modifications you've made, x-rays you've had taken...
dieffe
Lap Record Holder
Lap Record Holder

Post by dieffe »

Gonna have to do something number plate wise, got pulled over yesterday, brilliant copper, didn't do me just said how nice the bike is and chatted for about three quarters of an hour about biking.
He's got a 600 Bandit and has only been riding for a year.

Sound bloke, just radio'd in and told the operator to tell any other coppers that he's already had a word so that I wouldn't get stopped again on my way home.

Result :thumbsup:

Now to sort something out. :rolleyes:
BONLY1
Test Rider
Test Rider

IN THE FLESH

Post by BONLY1 »

Saw Dieffes bike today at the Stafford show - stunning, unique, better than in the pic's here and a credit to Dieffe. Still a project in progress apparently, he was not happy with the paintwork, but I saw no fault. A brillant creation with a lot of effort put in by the creator, not to mention wonga!
FZR's were very much thin on the ground at the show. Besides this bike, only saw an FZR1000 genesis and an OW01 all day. Discussed this with Dieffe whose bike was generating quite some interest at the XJR1300 club stand. Such a shame wiith the Exup being so under represented. Has an FZR Exup stand ever been there?
IF IT AIN'T BROKE - FIX IT 'TILL IT IS.
oldskoolexup
Motormouth
Motormouth
Location: THE place...some are born here, some drawn here...Manchester

Post by oldskoolexup »

Naffed off I couldn't make this one, yet again, due to other commitments......great weather. Hope all who went had a good time. :)
Life begins at the end of your comfort zone,
Learn from the mistakes of others.............................
You can't live long enough to make them all yourself
&
Carpe Diem - seize the moment. Don't dream... Do!
dieffe
Lap Record Holder
Lap Record Holder

Re: IN THE FLESH

Post by dieffe »

BONLY1 wrote:Saw Dieffes bike today at the Stafford show - stunning, unique, better than in the pic's here and a credit to Dieffe. Still a project in progress apparently, he was not happy with the paintwork, but I saw no fault. A brillant creation with a lot of effort put in by the creator, not to mention wonga!
FZR's were very much thin on the ground at the show. Besides this bike, only saw an FZR1000 genesis and an OW01 all day. Discussed this with Dieffe whose bike was generating quite some interest at the XJR1300 club stand. Such a shame wiith the Exup being so under represented. Has an FZR Exup stand ever been there?
Aw, you're too kind. :)

It would be great to have an EXUP stand at a show to show off our wares, I mean, some members make it into the odd magazine don't we.

Nice to meet you there by the way. :thumbsup:
dieffe
Lap Record Holder
Lap Record Holder

Post by dieffe »

I finally took the tank, tailpiece and mudguard to my mates house today for painting and told him to use his imagination.

He has done some paintwork for me before with mucho success so I am hoping that he will come up trumps.

This is what he painted for me last time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtEx5SThjW8

Here's hoping it works out ok, although it couldn't be much worse than it is now.
dieffe
Lap Record Holder
Lap Record Holder

Post by dieffe »

It's now red.

Just waiting for the swirly bits to be painted and I'm gonna call it finished. :thumbsup:
dan83590
Earbasher
Earbasher

Post by dan83590 »

Did you ever get it dyno'd?

How did it do and do you have a printout?
creedxup
Parts department
Parts department

Post by creedxup »

dieffe wrote:I finally took the tank, tailpiece and mudguard to my mates house today for painting and told him to use his imagination.

He has done some paintwork for me before with mucho success so I am hoping that he will come up trumps.

This is what he painted for me last time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtEx5SThjW8

Here's hoping it works out ok, although it couldn't be much worse than it is now.
That XJR looks really good.
1992 RU midnight blue, Wiseco 1070, 6 speed, r1 calipers, ducati discs , 157 bhp crank, Ohlins shock
dieffe
Lap Record Holder
Lap Record Holder

Post by dieffe »

dan83590 wrote:Did you ever get it dyno'd?

How did it do and do you have a printout?
No I didn't, by the time I got it sorted the place closed down. Typical. :rolleyes:
dieffe
Lap Record Holder
Lap Record Holder

Post by dieffe »

creedxup wrote:That XJR looks really good.
That's kind of you.
That was my second XJR that I did, the first was a custard one.

creedxup
Parts department
Parts department

Post by creedxup »

dieffe wrote:
creedxup wrote:That XJR looks really good.
That's kind of you.
That was my second XJR that I did, the first was a custard one.

I'm not too sure about the forks, but otherwise it's a sweet looker.
1992 RU midnight blue, Wiseco 1070, 6 speed, r1 calipers, ducati discs , 157 bhp crank, Ohlins shock
dieffe
Lap Record Holder
Lap Record Holder

Post by dieffe »

Well my paintwork is nearly done, a mate of mine has been having a go at it in his shed and for a first attempt he hasn't done too bad at all.
It just needs flatting and lacquering now to finish it off and then the bike will be back together and finally I can call it finished.

nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

Looks very snazzy that dieffe. Well done to your mate too. He's made a good job of that. :nod:
Bit of advice. Buy a good bed and a good pair of shoes, because if you aren't in one you'll be in the other.
dieffe
Lap Record Holder
Lap Record Holder

Post by dieffe »

Well it's back together again and I managed a quick blast round the block between showers and I've got to say it seems to be going really well.