My YZF 750 Street Fighter

Post your pictures here: your bikes, meets you've attended, modifications you've made, x-rays you've had taken...
Gord
Test Rider
Test Rider

My YZF 750 Street Fighter

Post by Gord »

My YZF 750 street fighter is coming along nicely, just a couple of very minor jobs to finish and its ready to ride again :) :) :) :)

Cut down carbon can, R1 rear brake caliper, braided brake hose, wavey disc and billet aluminium brake bar

YZF front wheel, with spacers made up to do away with the speedo pickup and to fit R1 forks. R1 front calipers, HH sintered pads, braided brake hoses, waivy discs and carbon front mudguard.

New sprocket and nuts fitted, carbon hugger.

Left hand switch gear from a YZF600 fitted, this has the choke fitted to the lever, doing away with the clumbsy looking choke originally fitted to the frame. This also does away with the light switch, so the lights are always on. New clutch reservoir fitted.

05 R1 Brembo radial master cylinder, new brake reservoir, Koso digital clock (temporarily tie wrapped on for now).

Quick release alloy petrol cap.

Rear seat pod, Ohlins rear shock, braided clutch hose.

Twin Bates headlights, alloy light brackets, Renthals and risers and mini indicaters all around.

This is how it looked

Stig
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Stig »

certainly looks smart. Shame it had to be created due to those set of circumstance but at least you're here to be able to tell the tale :thumbsup:
AKA Bald headed b'stard
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

Looks very nice.

I do prefer to see them with fairings on but you've made a good job of that gord. Is it a figment of my imagination with picture 3 is that wheel buckled or is it the cracked paint throwing my eye out? :retard:
Bit of advice. Buy a good bed and a good pair of shoes, because if you aren't in one you'll be in the other.
Gord
Test Rider
Test Rider

Post by Gord »

Yeah, well spotted, it did have a slight buckle, which has been removed.
There are a few paint chips left, which I need to get around to touchiong up.

I would have loved to have put it back to its former glory, but the parts just worked out too expensive, and my arms are not at their best just yet, so no sports bikes for me.
maxtherotti
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by maxtherotti »

looks sweet

also what happened to the yzf carbon front guard?? :nod: (sorry to be a vulture)

Rob
Gord
Test Rider
Test Rider

Post by Gord »

The front carbon mudguard looks ok in the pic, but it was wrecked when I took it off, so replaced it with an R1 carbon guard.
Gord
Test Rider
Test Rider

Post by Gord »

After a couple of shake down runs last week to test the bike, I finally got out for a ride out today, my first since my crash in May.

The bike behaved faultlessly and it felt good to be on a bike again, here's to a long hot 2013, hopefully :nod: