New bike

Post your pictures here: your bikes, meets you've attended, modifications you've made, x-rays you've had taken...
Blue-thunder
Brolly Dolly
Brolly Dolly

New bike

Post by Blue-thunder »

Bought this mint ThunderAce, brilliant bike much better than people think :-)
maxtherotti
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by maxtherotti »

looks sweet
was it a bargain???

Rob
creedxup
Parts department
Parts department

Post by creedxup »

Yup, blue and black, lovely :)
1992 RU midnight blue, Wiseco 1070, 6 speed, r1 calipers, ducati discs , 157 bhp crank, Ohlins shock
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

Looks very nice BT. :thumbsup:

You could do with a bit of colour in that back yard mate. :( Have you thought about adding a few pots and planters. We have a resident landscape gardener on here I'm sure he could help you out with that. :lol:
Bit of advice. Buy a good bed and a good pair of shoes, because if you aren't in one you'll be in the other.
Blue-thunder
Brolly Dolly
Brolly Dolly

True

Post by Blue-thunder »

:) Aye lads thanks for the comment, does go well, just 14K on the clocks, I did pay a bit more than I wanted to for the bike, but its mint, has a service history, and I guess the colours and the way a rode sold it too me.

Ive ridden a 1999 blade and yes it does turn a bit quicker and is little bit easier to throw about, but show it some bumps and the bars are all over the place, 16 inch front doesnt feel that fantastic either,, makes the steering feel light but a bit uncertain too.

The ace however steers quickly but with stability too, in fact its better and easier to throw around than my 1993 ZXR750RR I used to own, but the bottom line is the ace motor would blitz both these bikes and leave them standing, and even give the latest bikes something to think about, I guess I like the solidity and the fact you need to climb all over the Ace to get it to do its thing. I'm looking forward to a summer with this bike :-)

As for my yard, cheers for the offer, sadly the door and wall you can see doesnt belong too me , the yard does but not that, its the wall for a shop below my house, I do have some plants for the yard, hopefully this summer, but I fear going out on the bike may well win the argument, if its a sunny day... cheers lads :-)
Blue-thunder
Brolly Dolly
Brolly Dolly

Post by Blue-thunder »

By the way lads, was looking at the thumbnails of your bikes, and they all look tidy, there's something about all these machines isnt there, I reckon its begining to get under my skin, I remember my mate used to have a 1995 foxeye FZR 600, good looking bike, they seem to be real cheap now, would make a great second bike.

Yeah I know you cant ride two a once, but I remember I used to alternate between my ZXR750RR and my KR1-S, those were happy days.

Any of you guys got more than one machine ?

Cheers

BT
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

Blue-thunder wrote:Any of you guys got more than one machine ?
No I've got an expensive wife to run. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Bit of advice. Buy a good bed and a good pair of shoes, because if you aren't in one you'll be in the other.
Blue-thunder
Brolly Dolly
Brolly Dolly

Post by Blue-thunder »

Almost as expensive as children.... :lol:
Mike1000
Technician
Technician

Post by Mike1000 »

Nice bike, same colour as mine.

Ive family in Macduff so I may be up your way in March on my Ace if the weathers good, keep your eyes peeled there cant be that many Thunderaces in that part of Scotland!
Back on an Ace after a 6 year absence!

Still got my ZX12R though - Facebook search Kawasaki zx12r owners club uk.
dan83590
Earbasher
Earbasher

Post by dan83590 »

Oooo, a KR1s huh. I want one of those in my garage.
Blue-thunder
Brolly Dolly
Brolly Dolly

Run

Post by Blue-thunder »

Yes I do like the blue and black Thunderace, although , the one in bike trader, (red black/white), with very low miles is beautiful, okay @ over 3k its not cheap, but its like new, have a look and drool :eek: :eek: :)

If you're coming up in march , then as I'm sure you know, it will be very cold, hope you've got heated grips, but full marks for going out on your bike all the year round, I must admit I don't start until April finishing in October, but I do get out a lot during those eight months.

Aye I did my fair share of winter and all year round driving from 1989 - 1992 on Yamaha RXS 1992, then 1992-1994 on my Kawasaki GPZ 500S, seems you got more snow then, it was entertaining I can tell you attempting to stay upright on the GPZ.... I ended up going very slowly ie 20-30mph, took ages to get to work. Managed this every day without incident, but it wasn't really fun and my hands were like ice blocks, 1995 I thought sod it and bought a car for winter. :lol:

As for the KR1-S, feckin magic wee bike, don't own it now, sold it on, to my brother in law, and I dont think he did much with it, eventually he sold it to Steve Farrell (MCN Staff writer) and it was featured in the newspaper, my old bike got the recognition it rightly deserved.

Aye wouldnt mind another two stoke.... used to have a stage three gamma 5 before the KR1S, it was violently explosive under full throttle acceleration, and an addictive bike to ride, but after 7 years of loving ownership a f-wit skittled me off it and broke my arm and fingers too... but thats another story... cheers lads :finger: :\
Blue-thunder
Brolly Dolly
Brolly Dolly

T-Ace - Vs ZX12R

Post by Blue-thunder »

How do you find the Ace vs the ZX12R ? how does the handling compare, I drove my brothers ZX12R years ago he had one of the early ones, silver colour, I remember it was quick, but typical Kawasaki, the power was bunched up higher up the rpm scale, not a complaint , just an observation, I've had a few Kawasaki's and this is almost always the case with Kwaks, the Ace seems to have more grunt lower down and more roll on power lower down the rpm scale, what are your thoughts? :) I cant remember the handling of the ZX12R, other than I thought it slightly top heavy at low speed, was way back in 2000 I drove it so its kind of blurry in my mind how it went. Fantastic looking machine though, especially the early ones with the scoop poking out from under the nose of the bike, making a rasping noise, and the large sculpted mirrors, and probably as usual with Kawasaki's the green ones are always faster.... :nod: